And i mean i dont get used games alllll that often anymore. I used to when i played a lot more but in recent years, its more likely ill buy 1-3 or 4 big titles each year instead of going to gamestop like every week like i used to. I guess it depends on how much that fee is.. I mean if its $10 itll still work. no one is going to buy a game at gamestop for 49.99 knowing theyll have to put in 10 extra when they could just get the new one for 59.99. The used game price will have to come down to compensate for w.e amount the next buyer will have to pay to switch the liscense. And in turn, the trade in value will drop because gamestop had to lower its prices and it all goes round and round.

BUT if the fee is like 35+ dollars, then yea used games sales are wiped out. In which case itd be smart to drop the price of new games to counter this. if they said ok were gonna nuke used games, but drop the new price to 45 bucks, then ok...

if they nuke and say buy new or gtfo and who cares, thatll suck i agree, but its not the end of the world imo.. i dont buy used as much as i used to anyway. gamestop is a rip off most of the time. ebay is a different story.

The game companies are trying to put Gamestop out of biz and trying to move forward with dl games that you cannot game share with this is where it is going, There tired of us buying a used game playing it for when they are not making money off of it

123_zpsdd06b4db.png

Some people amaze me. Im not impressed its not revolutionary. Blah blah blah. Both ps4 and the xbox one sre cutting edge. Why invent the wheel all over again when its working so well? You dont see cars being reinvented do you? No they sre just making them better with more features

Like a Porsche 911.

:D :D :D

Alpine PDX-V9

Morel Tempo 6

Alpine SBR-S8-4

Alpine CDE 149BT

I get that, and maybe they will go out of business. who knows. is it wrong for a company to say that they deserve to get paid for their work. Studios feel like gamestop is stealing money that should have been theirs.. i get that. imo just lower the new cost then lol. theres both sides to the story really. when a game gets old and some guy reallly liked said old game and cant find it new anymore so he buys it used whats wrong with that? but, people copying a game to a hdd and never having to pay a cent for it and ppl just always copy e.o games wont work either.

there has to be a balance

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

i bet. 70 bux is rough though dont you think?> i mean 70 dollllllars? really>? Thats like my cable and internet bill almost. between games and gas and well lol car audio...

it seems like everyone wants to charge more for everything, but ill be damned if it aint a struggle to get paid more... shit.

after tax might as well call it $80. imo thats just rediculous.

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

Ok here's my take. And I'm a ps "fanboy"... only bc I hate how as others have stated, why buy the game, pay for net, etc and then pay to play online? i hate that aspect. Anyways...

Yes, you can still game. It'll have better graphics, better everything (so we hope). Up to the developers basically but the console will provide more power and such.

pre-owned games? They say you can still do it. It'll just cost you a fee. so yeah, even means no more borrowing games, unless you pay a fee. sucks but, again, smart move from a business standpoint. bad move from consumer standpoint.

It's also an entertainment center. How will all the features work? No one will know until they probably experience it. I mean, hell, look at some of the newest phones out. People still aren't 100% sure on how to do this or that, because takes messing around with it. Hell, I'm still figuring out my S4 and had it almost a month.

Now all that added stuff? Sure, adds heat and makes chips and such mess up. I would HOPE they've learned how to get rid of the heat. I mean, I'd never expect Microsoft, one who is so damn involved with computers, to not know how much heat a console can produce and how vital it is to get rid of the heat. That's like saying NASA knew there was no gravity in space but didn't know things would float....

Sheena = pedobear

Sony is not the only company with blu-ray patents. Never was. There are multiple companies that held the pantents as follows:

I could be wrong but I think Sony has the one in order to have a bluray player in a game console though

Sony is not the only company with blu-ray patents. Never was. There are multiple companies that held the pantents as follows:

Panasonic

CyberLink Corporation

Dell Inc.

Hewlett-Packard Company

Hitachi Ltd.

Koninklijke Philips Electronics N.V.

LG Electronics Inc.

Matsushita Electric Industrial Co., Ltd. (Panasonic)

Mitsubishi Electric Corporation

Pioneer Corporation

Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.

Sanyo Electric Co., Ltd.

Sharp Corporation

Sony Corporation

TDK Corporation

Victor Company of Japan, Ltd.

Warner Home Video Inc.

Apperantly you havent seen who these companies buy there shit from sony owns the rights to BluRay u might want to look shit up first, just because other companies have it doesnt mean they own it

I don't know who didn't do their research but, again,Sony alone does not hold all of the rights to the Blu-Ray Disc medium and it can't withhold those rights to another company such as Microsoft as there are "anti competitive behavior" stipulations that they would get into shit over. Microsoft had the same problems years ago with explorer. I did my research.

Don't just take my word:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blu-ray_Disc

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2765774

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/927749-/61821612

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=127333

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=425075

http://au.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20101027015036AAjKGU5

http://www.avsforum.com/t/994913/how-much-of-blu-ray-does-sony-own

There are some to start with.

I would say before everyone gets bent outta shape about the whole used game situation, I would wait until e3 and hopefully Microsoft will comment more on it. They said they have a solution to the problem. And I haven't seen a credible website that states that you 100% for sure have to pay to play used games.

Audio Build

Ride: 2002 Chevy Blazer 4 door

Head Unit: Pioneer deh-80prs

Subs: 4 DC Level 3 15's in a 4th order wall designed by Trent Choate and Jeff Smith

Subs Amp: AQ 3500.1 at wired at .5 (soon to be 2)

Mids/Highs Amp: Skar 85.4

Mids/Highs: Skar components

Electrical: Mechman 270 amp alt, 2 runs of Knu 0 gauge, XS Power d3400, 2 Deka Group 9a31

Build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167658-indianabasshead-blazer-dc-audio-4th-order-wall-build/

Perfomance Build

2003 Nissan 350z

Greddy Twin Turbo, 3" Test pipes with Borla high-flow cats, Crawford Performance Plenum, Greddy E-manage Ultimate ECU

Exedy Racing Clutch, Built Motor by Racing Innovations

Greddy Over-fender aero kit (1 of 20 ever made), 19" Racing Hart r5 pro wheels
466rwhp

Bike

2008 Midnight Blue Kawasaki ZX-14

Stretched 8" and lowered, Brocks Sidewinder exhaust, Power Commander 5

The FUCKING fee is MSRP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You will be charged for buying it as if it were new, guess borrowing games will be a thing of the past.

So if you and some family members have multiple consoles it means everyone of you has to pay full retail price per copy to play.

I see M$ going the way of sega with this move and could severely cripple themselves financially if they do in fact move forward with this.

EDIT:Just as with the music industry it is about control and copyright protections, which means more profit for them.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Look man you obvously dont know that Sony and Phillips an panasonic made Blu Ray happne Sony is the majority Share holder, Microsoft did not buy blu ray due to the fact of that Crap HD DVD epic FAIL that they though would last longer than blu ray hahaha what a joke on that why honestly do you think when microsoft came out with that vid yesterday SONY STOCK SHOT UP 11 POINTS thats not fucking little numbers man they had to get okays from Sony to allow it in the system and pay for those rights to use it, Microsoft dont like to dish out money they like to collect it

Microsoft does not like to pay other companies to use there technology, they feel that "If they didnt invent it, they dont need it" (along those lines) Microsoft would usually go out and make a product with almost the same spec as the product they dont wanna pay for. You ever wonder why Microsoft said that they dont need blu-ray, but back HD-DVD?

123_zpsdd06b4db.png

Archived