Homemade Super-Neo Woofer: THE CHEVELLE RESTORATION IS DONE, dampener recommendations??

Nothing to worry about.

Activator only speeds up the cure of the glue it touches, the glue not physically sprayed by accelerator will still cure, just not that fast.
Even when you spray accelerator on a bead of glue, its only curing that top layer of the glue, the glue under that of which you just sprayed accelerator on will still be soft and not cured. This is why people are told to wait 24hours for the glue to come to a full cure.

There is no problem what so ever doing it this way, and once cured its fine.
I dont how many woofers I have reconed, and 1 off special woofers I built with parts from various companies.

Personally spraying the spiders outer edges with accelerator and than rushing to get them down on the landing and quickly clamped is bad.
You leave yourself open for more chance to mess up, and not get them clamped fully before glue may start setting up and have the spider not sitting flush/ fully down on the landing.
Then the issue of what I was telling you in the PM last night about accelerator evaporating rather quickly similar to alcohol, there can be a chance of the same happening when you spray the spiders and are installing the coil/spider assembly.

Plus when I insert the coil/spider when its shimmed out for its final resting, I like to wiggle it back and forth a little bit to really spread the glue around a little bit, cant do this if you already got accelerator on the spiders.

I also have a full bottle of Aerosol activator left, and about 16oz of normal liquid activator if you are out, Id need to pick up a smaller bottle to send you some and shipping charges (usps flatrate) if you still need more as well and I can get that on its way to you.

Shoot man for a first time bead with CA glue that looks great

008_zps9491a55f.jpg

you have a Maserati?

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth.. oh.. wait.. naw.. that wasnt weird..

He probably tearin dat ass up every night. Reason for "insomnia" Ain't sleeping cause he's like a horny hamster on coke.

2000 grand prix gtp: SOLD My Home Theater Build (working progress) 2002 accord coupe

subs: 2 soundqubed hds300 12s 4'1" towers tuned to 29hz sub: AQ hdc3 12

Amp: pioneer gm9061 amp: poineer gm9601

headunit: kenwood kdc 255u mids: SQ pro mids

midbass: polk db 8s highs: stock

mids/highs: shitty off brand

you have a Maserati?

mommas

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

Fucking love Alan you goddamned fucking super nerd lol

When Alan uses big words I don't understand

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

RIP 5/29/15 - I love you son.

More pics of mommas car?

2000 Toyota Camry With Sealed Off Trunk

Sky High OFC Wiring

DC Power 270 XP Alt

AQ 2200 Sub Amp

Two DC Level 4 m2 12s

80 Mil Murdetmat

Gathering Parts For Wall Build.

Team DC Audio 2014 Member

I LOST MY GLUE GUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EVERYTHING IS CLOSED!!!!!!!

I'm determined though, so I'll update as I go.

Tuned in, when will this be done?

:lol2:

:diablo:

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

i 2nd moar pix on mommas car

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth.. oh.. wait.. naw.. that wasnt weird..

He probably tearin dat ass up every night. Reason for "insomnia" Ain't sleeping cause he's like a horny hamster on coke.

2000 grand prix gtp: SOLD My Home Theater Build (working progress) 2002 accord coupe

subs: 2 soundqubed hds300 12s 4'1" towers tuned to 29hz sub: AQ hdc3 12

Amp: pioneer gm9061 amp: poineer gm9601

headunit: kenwood kdc 255u mids: SQ pro mids

midbass: polk db 8s highs: stock

mids/highs: shitty off brand

• 2 weeks later...

cHXafLh.jpg

lcfVhEa.jpg

vpXZRV2.jpg

2p8v6Qs.jpg

UOzJRWJ.jpg

MI5SNos.jpg

9GEHF79.jpg

O2O4OJj.jpg

cyn8NzO.jpg

InTmWx0.jpg

WWwOWt2.jpg

hBnl1vI.jpg

R8Og48u.jpg

7PUKqns.jpg

Dd4uCXA.jpg

All glue of the cone/former/spiders is done besides the actual basket-attachment glue and the dust cap.

Soldering the leads was a little tricky at that angle but they're definitely solid. Not the prettiest solder job I've done but I know it's definitely conducting to all the leads.

I would drop it in right now, but the spacing ring is giving me a little bit of a fitment issue with the edge of the spiders. So I need to sand the lip down flat so that it will sit evenly.

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

so I'm reading about CA glue not exactly being the best choice for attaching the cone's surround-lip to the basket? Is that true?

Would something like a slightly-flexible but very strong glue/sealant do the job better? Maybe even the loctite PL I got?

I missed Alan.

Archived