Second Skin Audio

Fi X12?

Planning on putting one of the newer Type R 12's (the ones that handle 1000RMS) in my regular cab. Has anyone had any experience with them?

EDIT:Now talking about Fi X

2001 Dodge Ram

Kenwood Deck

Pioneer speakers

Yeah, i actually just blew a pair of em a few days ago.

Only had them running at 2ohm on a Kicker ZX750.1.

I was also running a 15" type r with them, and i gotta tell ya..i'd spring for the 15.

Clip city bitch?

Yeah, i actually just blew a pair of em a few days ago.

Only had them running at 2ohm on a Kicker ZX750.1.

I was also running a 15" type r with them, and i gotta tell ya..i'd spring for the 15.

if you did that you obviously didnt have something tuned right on the amp or the box was shit.

Type R's are actually pretty decent for being a mainstream woofer. I they can take all of that rms rating if the signal is not clipped. If you get a good price on one it wouldnt be to bad of a pick up.

Everyone here will probably tell you that you should go with SA, DC, AA/Fi, Skar, or whatever else they use. As long as you are not paying out of the ass for it, i wouldnt mind a type r.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

I've had one of the older type r's before and it was ok, they can get loud but they are not really re-coneable so just know what you're doing while running it and you should be fine

25d9cf71-fff8-4b67-a8f5-28c80d5ea859_zps7d3fe7f6-90c4-4939-b709-43f0e5812212_zps

2018 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback (build in progress)

NVX Sound Deadener (Front Doors)
Stinger FAST Rings

Stock Electrical

SSA Evil 6.5's Front Speakers
Stock rear speakers

MB Quart ONX4.80 speaker amp
Rockford Fosgate T-1500bdcp
DC Level 4 12" D1 @ 2-ohm
Box In Design Stage
Stock Radio
My Build Log

Had 2 12'' of the 2nd edition with the Kevlar surrounds since they came out til about 2 months ago. Things were beasts had them in a 4 cube box tuned to 35hz on a Memphis 4kw. Hit a 148.1 at a comp in OKC. Recently bought a new car and gave them to my best friend. hes been using them ever since, great subwoofers

my brother is running 2-12" of the new type r subs w/ 2- alpine 1000w mono amps on them and i think they sound great and for the price they arent bad either i wouldnt mind a set of them but im saving up to run 4- dc audio m3-8" if it wasnt for that i would join the alpine club

if you dont own or drive a customized car/truck/suv you suck lol

Closest thing to the new type R in price and handling would be the Sundown SA 12, which is only $25 more, PE is only 600W RMS though.

Sundown Subs are known to be some of the best of the best, but then again you have lower power handling.

Both need about the same size enclosure too..

I'd model them to tell you which one gets louder, but alpine doesn't supply BL in there t/s specs, which is needed to model in win isd.

Personally id probably go with the Alpine. Cheaper, gets loud as hell, and has a flatter BL curve.

Archived