Jump to content

80prs Help ***Gain Issue(?) pg.2 EDIT-Solved***


Recommended Posts

Posted

Haven't got it installed yet, but I am confused on the setup. There is an STD/NW switch that allows for a standard Fr/Rr/Sw setup, or network setup for a 3-way setup. I am using a 2-way front stage with subs in the rear, so STD would be the obvious choice, right?

Here's the issue, I want to bandpass my mids, but i STD mode it there is only a HPF for the rear(my mids are on the rear rca's). So, should I switch to NW and treat my system as a 3-way setup? Technically it is. Im confused right now.

SMD Super Seller


My Feedback Thread

Posted

In for results. I'd vote 3 way being that the other option didn't work well.

My old YouTube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/SwordLords1234?feature=mhee

My old build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161872-96-accord-b2-sundown-sky-high-dc-power-re-re-build-for-heatwave/page-37

My New Build - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/207041-2016-mazda-6-sql-build/

2016 Mazda 6 Touring

JL Fix 86 - OEM signal correction

B2 prototype DSP 6to8

B2 Ref63 - 3 way active set

2 B2 Class H quattro's

1 B2 Zero.5R @.5

2 B2 HNv3 12 d2

B2 SLIP40 - Lithium in the trunk

Northstar Group 35 under the hood

100ft 2/0 welding cable

30ft 4ga welding cable

20ft 8ga welding cable

All stinger OFC speaker wire

Soundrive custom RCA's

Tons of attention to detail.... Can it be perfect?

Posted

If you're 2-way + sub... then you're 3 way active and you want network. There's like... zero advantages of standard mode unless you just HAVE to have a fader.



You'll alos lose your sub level out in network, but you can always use a knob for that. No worries.


Posted

Well, I definitely don't want my 6.5s playing everything up from 200hz, so I guess Ill go network. Like was stated, I lose the subwoofer controls, but I use an LC-1, so thats that.

SMD Super Seller


My Feedback Thread

Posted

ken if ur useing the unit to run active then u need it to be in network mode and make sure u hit the reset . the menu is kind of hard to figure out but once u play with it u will no how to get where u need to be quick

Posted

Manual says you should have Low LPF, Mid HPF, Mid LPF, then High HPF.

Go to NW1 to select the range (low, mid or high) that you want to tweak

Go to NW2 to select the -3db filter frequency

Go to NW3 to pick the filter rate (slope)

Go to NW4 to choose Left or Right (apparently you can set each side independently, could help with imaging)

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/StaticFiles/Manuals/Car/DEH-80PRS_OperationManual020712.pdf

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

Posted

Now that that's settled, how do I know what RCA should go to what amp? On the unit, the outputs are labeled R, F, SW from top to bottom. But in network mode, not sure which goes where LOL.

SMD Super Seller


My Feedback Thread

Posted

F=Mids

R=Highs

S=sub

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

Posted

For some reason I can't fathom... Pioneer uses the rears for tweeters or the "high". Don't mix those up. You may pop a tweeter like someone I know that will remain anonymous :)

So... Fronts - woofers/low

rears - tweeters/high

Sub - well... sub

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 984 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...