Second Skin Audio

Efficient 8" SQ Sub

Since having acquired some high quality home audio speakers for my 2 channel setup, I've moved away from the SPL and toward SQ. My music tastes have moved more toward rock as well. I sold my Fi BL15 and have since run only Hertz components off a JL Slash 300/4. As great as the Hertz's are, they really need a sub to give the low frequency extension that home audio speakers have. In the interest of preserving my backseat, I think an efficient 8" sub run from the back 2 channels of the Slash would give me the bottom end I need.

So, what are some fast, efficient 8" subs that come to mind? It'll get only 150 watts which should be plenty considering I have only a 50 watt 8" at home. I don't want a boomy, lazy sound like so many I've heard before. I want it to be completely transparent and only produce the frequencies the Hertz's cannot.

Thanks for any and all input.

1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Z71

Hertz HSK 165.3

JL Audio Slash 300/4

Fi BL15 Fully Loaded D2

Memphis 16-MCD1000

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

Since having acquired some high quality home audio speakers for my 2 channel setup, I've moved away from the SPL and toward SQ. My music tastes have moved more toward rock as well. I sold my Fi BL15 and have since run only Hertz components off a JL Slash 300/4. As great as the Hertz's are, they really need a sub to give the low frequency extension that home audio speakers have. In the interest of preserving my backseat, I think an efficient 8" sub run from the back 2 channels of the Slash would give me the bottom end I need.

So, what are some fast, efficient 8" subs that come to mind? It'll get only 150 watts which should be plenty considering I have only a 50 watt 8" at home. I don't want a boomy, lazy sound like so many I've heard before. I want it to be completely transparent and only produce the frequencies the Hertz's cannot.

Thanks for any and all input.

i love how the Lanzar Max8 sounds. 40 bucks off sonic, or cheaper off ebay.

2013 Ford Focus Hatchback SE

Kicker CS61234

Kicker 40CS674

Kicker KST25

Sundown Audio SA-12 D2

Rockford Fosgate t1000-1bdcp

Rockford Fosgate t400-4

Audio Control LC7i

Kinetik HC2000

0/1 Gauge

Big 3 Upgrade

Beer, babes, and bass.

I am in love with my Sundown SA8v2...this a truly well-rounded driver.

2016 Subaru BRZ | Sony XAV-AX100 | Rockford Fosgate DSM 4080 & DSM 40ix |

On 6/6/2012 at 6:32 PM, 'LZTYBRN' said:

3. Don't put speakers outside the car unless you are the ice cream man.

My feedback thread

Lolz at the suggestion of the lanzar...op is running hertz up front.lol.

this tangbands are nice. I would look at the Dayton 8" sub on partsexpress too. Since your just looking to fill in and not exagerate your lowend I think a tline might be too much. I guess you could dial it back. What about trying sealed and see if you want more output then that.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

I strongly agree with the Tang Band suggestion

OP, enclosure design is really going to be the key in your sub stage. Plenty of subs will fit your criteria and do exactly what you want. Morel makes a high end SQ sub, Image Dynamics, Blues car audio, Rainbow even has some badass subs. If you're going for real SQ, tune low and really work on designing a good enclosure that works in the vehicle well.

T-line, or low tuned ported would be the direction I'd take.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Archived