veedub25 Posted June 7, 2013 Report Posted June 7, 2013 damn sorry to hear the story man , im a new guy to these forums and i have to say most of the guys out here seem pretty cool and helpful , but its always a shame to see things like this happen , i used to work for a guy installing audio and alarms doing just the basics but he was a " professional" doing it for over 20 years but even me as a noob could tell his work was pretty Mickey mouse so to speak , so it still pretty hard to say who is legit of not unless u see them work ,also im pretty young so still learning things with car audio . Ive got no bass either after my car was in an accident last year and was scrapped ... im in the midst of a build on my daily also .
Ninja_v1.0 Posted June 7, 2013 Report Posted June 7, 2013 i had some people head up to the nawf side where he stayed and i guess he was not at that apartment address anymore Sorry When your at the top everyone is coming for you, friends, family, haters and even those who don't know you.. my advice.. KILL EM ALL
White Lightning Posted June 7, 2013 Report Posted June 7, 2013 Sorry to hear brother ... I treat EVERY vehicle I work on as if it was my own ... Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado "The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually" Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet) Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch
BoomZoom808 Posted June 7, 2013 Report Posted June 7, 2013 Sucks man, that's why I always do it myself and never let anyone else touch my shit. Even if my work is shitty, if I fuck it up I only have myself to blame and have learned a lot from my mistakes. Karma will get that fuck. 2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS Knu OFC 1/0 SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750 Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5 IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12
Toofast4u Posted June 8, 2013 Author Report Posted June 8, 2013 His name was Robert Christopher Lun. He posted pictures of his "work" which turned out to be other people that I actually knew. Since I last saw him he divorced his wife and took off. I tried tracking him down, I used online people searches, cross traced his name with family members names as well. Couldn't get shit. You live and you learn. I just missed being a semi active member on here. He ripped off a few people I know. He owes at least 3-4 people a good amount of money. For as much as I worked on my car before, there's no way I was about to start cutting metal out of my own car. He did previous work before for me, like a trunk tub in the symbol of a dodge ram head but it turned out he paid someone to do that for him. I appreciate all the comments. Just watch out for shady people, online and in person. I always thought I was above getting ripped off. I've had a new found appreciation for scammers since him.
big dee Posted June 9, 2013 Report Posted June 9, 2013 I bet this fool is still on here under a different name now.
Baydestrian Posted June 10, 2013 Report Posted June 10, 2013 Not bassless b/c of the same situation but bassless b/c I got a new car in January and have been trying to catch up on maintenance first and before I even put a system in I need to tint the car since its a wagon 2015 Mazda 6 JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm 2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.