16-Band EQ (80PRS) Setup, Songs or Tones? SQ Guys?

find someone near you with a really nice sq build and listen to a song in it then listen to it in you car, find the differences and correct them. of course you might like it to be a little different then the person who built the sq car but its a good way to listen for things that your car might be missing imo.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

The point I'm getting at is SQ is subjective, so you need to hear someones well balanced ride to having a starting point to base changes on otherwise you are picking at things in the dark

Subjective ??? Another bullshit word ... Not everyone has acess to get into a SQ competitor car and listen to it and get a feel of how stage and image should sound. Most people will not (most DIYMA folks) let you sit in their cars ... ANYBODY comes up to me at a show or event and wants to listen to mine, I open up the doors !!!

SQ is ALL about Stage and Image, dynamics, and Clarity ... Nothing subjective about that Sir ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

The point I'm getting at is SQ is subjective, so you need to hear someones well balanced ride to having a starting point to base changes on otherwise you are picking at things in the dark

Subjective ??? Another bullshit word ... Not everyone has acess to get into a SQ competitor car and listen to it and get a feel of how stage and image should sound. Most people will not (most DIYMA folks) let you sit in their cars ... ANYBODY comes up to me at a show or event and wants to listen to mine, I open up the doors !!!

SQ is ALL about Stage and Image, dynamics, and Clarity ... Nothing subjective about that Sir ...

I don't know what your issue is but its fact. Why do different competitors win at each SQ event, because the judge's opinion is subjective...

If it wasn't subjective the same person would always win.

You are continuing a stigma that isn't true... I can't really say anyone has ever not let me listen in the past 7 years of shows, maybe you are just surrounded by A-Holes, LOL

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

You are continuing a stigma that isn't true... I can't really say anyone has ever not let me listen in the past 7 years of shows, maybe you are just surrounded by A-Holes, LOL

What ever dude ... Lets just get back on topic please

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

I have to agree with decaf on the fact that you need to listen to someone elses SQ ride before considering your own ride an SQ one. I used to think my car sounded pretty damn good for the equipment i'm running, until I went to SBN and listened to scott's infiniti and the linear power rides, now I really know what i'm missing out on.

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

Speaking of how each person hears a setup differently is completely on topic... a shower will get rid of the sandy vagina I hear :P

For instance stage height is going to be different for me (5' 4") vs another (6') in the same car and we will not have the same audio experience.

I messed around with my 80prs a little today trying to improve depth but with such a tiny car and the mids pointing at eachother its becoming difficult... need to get on to fiberglassn doors panels asap.

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

I went to SBN and listened to scott's infiniti and the linear power rides, now I really know what i'm missing out on.

Amazing Event !!!

I went to SBN and listened to scott's infiniti and the linear power rides, now I really know what i'm missing out on.

Amazing Event !!!

I kinda wish my ears weren't so damn fatigued from all the SPL cars though, i'm sure I would have enjoyed yours and scotts demos much better had my ears not been destroyed lol

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

Great topic with lots of great info & bantering as well. I have learns tons on here in the last 9 months from beginners mistakes to the guys with years of experience. I started out wanting a loud ride but now leaning toward SQ as much as possible with the equipment I have. I have the 80PRS and still trying to learn more about it and tune my ride properly in NW mode. Its been about 6 weeks of tinkering with it and it keeps sounding better and better to me. And getting more info from you guys is helping me make it even better. The HU has great features for how ever you want your system to sound. Mine keeps sounding better making me want to upgrade mids & highs to reach its best sound possible, if that's possible. LOL Thanks for all the input guys!

Archived