Second Skin Audio

Best for hairtricks port wise?

edit:

Just build a slot port and call it a day

18sqin per cube

Saw your original post that said you do Hairtricks on less that 1000W.

That's probably not what you'd start with suggesting to other members as a standard practive though right?

Known ways of getting the tricks are cone area and power and good box design/orientation. Vehicle acoustics also matter.

It doesn't matter. Just no point. Not sure why I posted in here to begin with. I tend to be an a-hole and i don't know the op personally. I'll just go find something productive to do.

OP, only advice i can give is to check the other 47 threads you have about hairtricks, maybe the answer is in one of them?

Tell your buddy to stop tuning his boxes at 26 Hz too, that's not the way to do it. The best way to hairtrick is POWER and CONE area.

^^^ THIS, a guy local down here can do hairtricks like nothing, play down to the mid 20's yet he's tuned in the mid 40 range

1898070_635754349830843_1457278514_n_zps

this was a funny and quick read.

air movement is key to moving hair. now a small port wont push a lot of air around. small cone area wont move much air. big subs on to little power wont move much.

start with 2 15 or 18 and 5k watts with a nice 7-10cuft box with lots of port ( i would suggest slot ports ).

disclaimer: i have never done a hair trick or treid so this is just what i would consider a start at getting to that goal.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

what's with the whole suggestion of lots of port? in most cases smaller port to a certain extent leads to more air movement and a flatter response according to everything i've read on this forum, has something to do with port velocity, but I don't understand it enough to properly explain it, hopefully someone with more experience can chime in. The best example i've seen of this is a few trunk car setups I know off running 2 12's firing forward with a single 8" aero port, switched up to a 6", not quite as loud on the meter but much more aggressive on music and air movement.

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

what's with the whole suggestion of lots of port? in most cases smaller port to a certain extent leads to more air movement and a flatter response according to everything i've read on this forum, has something to do with port velocity, but I don't understand it enough to properly explain it, hopefully someone with more experience can chime in. The best example i've seen of this is a few trunk car setups I know off running 2 12's firing forward with a single 8" aero port, switched up to a 6", not quite as loud on the meter but much more aggressive on music and air movement.

first time ive heard that a smaller port are can move more air. have heard a little about port velocity but never enough to grasp the concept.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

I have always been able to move more air with smaller ports, Yeah a big port may give me a higher score, But I'm going for the lows and air movement.

90 Nissan 240sx

Avic z-140bh

Audison SR4

Audison Voce 6.5s

CDT es-20 tweeters

Sundown 1500v3

(2) DD 9510's

3 cube box 2 6" aeros

XS Power D2400 & Xp950

Skyhigh/Knukonceptz/Rockford Fosgate wiring

More Coming Soon.. Check my builds below.

97 Civic Hatch Build

86 Caprice Build

you can pick up a chick in a car... I think it'd be hard to roll up mackin on a broad sittin on a sundown. My opinion

It takes air movement to move air? Wtf lmao!!! O shit who woulda thought moving air would be so challenging for some of you guys lol . Power! Cone area! Build test rebuild test again Jimmie

Archived