Running a stock battery temp in back good or bad idea?

I have a 97 Hyundai Tiburon FX. My electrical is Ohio Generator 320 amp alternator stock battery Big 3 done 0 gauge Stinger Hyper flex, 1 run 0 gauge Tsunami. My setup is Kenwood KVT-516, Arc audio Arc fd6000 on old school MTX Pro 150x2 (temp). Sub stage MTX T9515-44 15" on JBL Crown 1200.1 ii. ok Now for my questions ! i have a second stock battery sitting around and was wondering if i should install it in the back to help maintain voltage till i can save up and replace my starting battery with a XS d3400 till i build up more system bigger. Also I was always taught to use a battery relay on a second battery or battery bank but see that no one on here uses them is there a reason for this? Any Help on this will be greatly appreciated thank you.

On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said:

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

No one uses them because there is no reason to use them. Make sure all the batteries are the same brand and you are good to go. No need to spend unneeded money on something that only impedes electrical flow

Just wait until you can do it properly

so if i run second battery in back will hurt me or what. only drive the car sometimes not everyday? Will it help with my voltage droping or just be a waste of time and crimps?

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

but just curious will it help at all?

As we said: No.

Have you ever heard the saying: A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link? Well if you put a nice agm battery up front and a pos stock battery in the back, the stock battery will drag down the voltage of the XS power, discharging it. Leaving you with a dead front battery.

As we said: No.

Have you ever heard the saying: A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link? Well if you put a nice AGM battery up front and a pos stock battery in the back, the stock battery will drag down the voltage of the XS power, discharging it. Leaving you with a dead front battery.

As I very much agree with you Snow, you're very worried about the discharge are equalization pic voltages, which IS important When thinking about running a Lead acid battery as a secondary. The main concern here should be the TOXIC fumes that the lead acid battery can and likely WILL emit. Aside from the fumes being potentially lethal, the damage it can cause to nearby metal or electronics is catastrophic.

Rick Schenk, it's been suggested NOT to run a Lead acid battery inside of your cabin especially a Tiburon since its a hatch and you'll be exposed to dangerous fumes.

Your answer: No

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Oh, and to answer the relay portion of your question. The main reason for running a relay or isolator is to isolate the rear battery from the charging system's battery. The reason to isolate is for guys that like playing with their system off. It separates the car's main battery from the one being used to play while the car is off in order to avoid draining the car's main battery for starting and such.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Archived