4 ohm bridged or 2ohm per channel stereo will be the same power.

bridging an amplifier doesnt make it do more power. It just combines the channels together as one.

So if it is only stable at 2 ohms stereo, then the lowest you can wire it when bridged is 4 ohms.

When you bridge an amp at 4 ohms per say, each of the channels being bridged are seeing 2 ohms.

So if you would bridge that amp at say 2 ohms, then each channel would be seeing 1ohm. That amp would probably get very hot, be even more inefficient, and possibly blow up..

No different than when you strap together 2 monoblock amplifiers that are 1 ohm stable. When strapped the lowest safest impedance now becomes 2 ohms, however each amplifier is working at 1 ohm.

• Like (+1 Rep) 2

(2) 1ohm stable Amps strapped together should be ran at one ohm each? And the amps and subs will think it's 2ohms?

edit. I guess that's cool I can get the same power at 4ohms that I get at 2ohms

2nd edit. I don't think it can hit 1650rms each channel. But how much max would that b? 4000watts max?

Edited by bolanorthhighlands

7182E3C2-F50A-476C-8687-8FB02CD94575.jpg

i love this picture so much to throw it all the "Dirty Money" lifted truck fags.

you claim to be a roughneck, which is generally presumed to be hard and dirty work. yet you keep a sticker on your $80k+ lifted truck with "DIRTY MONEY" plastered all over it...

when in reality, a modern drilling rig is a safety fucking haven. All the connections are made by machine... have a good friend that works for Cactus, slipped footing and half ass fell down walking up the stairs of the rig floor. didn't even bruise his knee, spent the entire next day at a company man appointed doctors office getting x-rays.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

what is max....

max power ratings is nothing more than a gimmick to sell low quality products to a person that has no clue what he is buying but thinks its a great deal and a great product because your getting 4000 watts for $89.00.

You want max power, crank your gain and bassboost all the way up on the amp, theres your max..