1999 Chevrolet Blazer - Stereo Integrity, Ground Zero, Soundstream

What does Tantric have to say about it being hot?

Same as I'm sayin. Basically been discussing with about 5 people almost daily, Murphy (owner) being one of them. He's working with me to make it all cool though for sure.

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

15-20 seconds is pretty long, makes me think its not really getting that hot.

A few guys here run their crossfire xs subs on about 5k each to the point where you don't want to touch the dustcaps for even a couple seconds they are so hot...you know what they call that? Operating temperature lol

Team NorthWestSPL

I wish you knew the actual temp it was getting to, I also think if you were able to hold your hand there for 15-20 seconds that it's not hot enough to worried about yet. Easy way to find out if the enclosure orientation is adding to the problem would be to slide it out of the car, hook it up outside of the vehicle and see if you get the same thing to happen.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

I can get my sa8 so hot you can't touch the dust cap without jerking your hand back and it keeps on playing, so it really might not be that hot.

Used to have a loud truck

2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq

2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s

Maybe it's not too hot. Admittedly, I don't have a real lot of experience running a lot of power. I'm just scared to blow it, I really don't want to do that, I don't have a lot of spare cash to play with right now. CA is taking a backseat to life.

On another note, I had someone offer me two 15s with SHD top assemblies and blacktop TRF motors for basically a straight trade for the SHD. Might bite on that.

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

If you can put your hand on it for 15-20 seconds it is not even close to too hot.

I've got you guys telling me that it's fine, but then I have others, to include the owner, telling me it's not. At this point I'd prefer to err on the side of caution. Not saying you guys are wrong for sure, but there's a chance there.

Before you go throwing it away in a trade, calm down, and let it break in at least

Yeah, trade wouldn't go down until about Thanksgiving time. I'm not gonna do anything for at least a couple weeks of playing with this thing, but I want to have something lined up.

I'm coming from a high-end r/c pool of knowledge. The sophisticated electronics in the esc can run at 150 all day. A speaker can handle 150 no problem. 150 is way too hot to touch by hand, you will burn yourself.

You're right to be concerned with heat, but the way you are describing it is relative, so you are getting different answers.

Get the battery for your temp gauge. Give us a number so we can give you an informed objective answer.

Archived