Mushkin 60GB SSD for OS only. Never lets me down.

Zeke

'14

2003 Chevy Monte Carlo SS

MONTEside00030001.jpg

Vehicle Details & Mod List: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/1703-chevrolet-monte-carlo-ss/

Audio Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/143276-2003-chevy-monte-carlo-ss-audio-build-ib-build

Pioneer FH-P8000BT

Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1

Fi IB3 (Two 12", 2-ohm SVC)

RF T400-2 & T500-1bdCP

MechMan S Series 240A

XS Power D3400 & D975

311-vector-logo_zps0d152f73.png sutliffSig_zpsb1df26dd.png

• 2 weeks later...

Make sure you figure out what kind of sata your motherboard has. is it normal sata? you would not see any performance with a SSD. if its a sata 3 then you need to get a good sata 3 ssd. sata 6.. you're good to go. Just make sure you update the firmware on your hard drive before you clone your current drive to it.

HU: Pioneer DMH-Z5350BT

Mids & Highs: ML280.3, ML700.3, ML1800.3 Mille Legend Series 3 way

Lows: x3 JL Audio 12TW3 powered by JL Audio RD1500/1 

Cable: x2 Skyhigh 0 Gage OFC kits. Skyhigh 8 gage & 16 gage OFC speaker cable

Sound Deadener: 121 sq feet of Skyhigh 120mil
DSP: AudioControl DM 810

Project Build Log

Click here: 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee SQ Build to see the build progress.

This is the SSD i bought, I have had it for over a year zero problems. I only run on OS on it but with just my os on it my PC boots up in like 15 seconds.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820147164&nm_mc=TEMC-RMA-Approvel&cm_mmc=TEMC-RMA-Approvel-_-Content-_-text-_-

Edit: just realized new egg is out of stock :(

I have the same one. 0 problems. Fast As Hell too.

Alpine PDX-V9

Morel Tempo 6

Alpine SBR-S8-4

Alpine CDE 149BT

Make sure you figure out what kind of sata your motherboard has. is it normal sata? you would not see any performance with a SSD. if its a sata 3 then you need to get a good sata 3 ssd. sata 6.. you're good to go. Just make sure you update the firmware on your hard drive before you clone your current drive to it.

what is sata 6 ?.? i have only heard of sata, sata 2, and sata 3 i have a asus sabertooth 990fx that uses sata 3

btw old ssd is dead no sign of life

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

what is sata 6 ?.? i have only heard of sata, sata 2, and sata 3 i have a asus sabertooth 990fx that uses sata 3

The names of the SATA revisions get mixed up a bit. He probably meant SATA 3.

SATA 1.0: 1.5 Gb/s

SATA 2.0: 3 Gb/s

SATA 3.0: 6 Gb/s

SATA 3.1 added stuff like the mSATA spec for mini SSD's in laptops and small machines (Intel NUC).

SATA 3.2 is named "SATA Express" and should enable SATA over PCI Express connectors which are much faster than current SATA standards. It should bring transfer speeds up to 8 Gb/s and 16 Gb/s depending on how many PCIe lanes are used.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

The names of the SATA revisions get mixed up a bit. He probably meant SATA 3.

SATA 1.0: 1.5 Gb/s

SATA 2.0: 3 Gb/s

SATA 3.0: 6 Gb/s

SATA 3.1 added stuff like the mSATA spec for mini SSD's in laptops and small machines (Intel NUC).

SATA 3.2 is named "SATA Express" and should enable SATA over PCI Express connectors which are much faster than current SATA standards. It should bring transfer speeds up to 8 Gb/s and 16 Gb/s depending on how many PCIe lanes are used.

damn

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

Ebay my man. I got a 240 gb sata 3 2.5 ssd for $100. and anothey 180gb sata 3 ssd 1.8 for like $65.
Best way to get stuff for cheap. well most stuff that is. And they cant lie and say it works then it shows up and it doesnt work, Or you will get refunded.

2007 Dodge Caliber SXT 2.0L

Flowmaster Single muffler + Tip

4 SoundQubed 6x9s 3-way

PolkAudio PA660.4

2 MB Quart Tweeters

2 4" MB Quart 2-way

New 8" coming soon!

Read/heard about Seagate who's making a hybrid drive. It's the hard drive we all know and it's mixed with a ssd. They installed it in a ps3, loaded up the same game file on the new hd ps3 and a regular ps3 at the same time and people actually thought the regular ps3 froze and got stuck because the seagate one was that much quicker.

vid shows that...

just not sure if it's out for desktops yet...

Sheena = pedobear

Read/heard about Seagate who's making a hybrid drive. It's the hard drive we all know and it's mixed with a ssd. They installed it in a ps3, loaded up the same game file on the new hd ps3 and a regular ps3 at the same time and people actually thought the regular ps3 froze and got stuck because the seagate one was that much quicker.

vid shows that...

*snip*

just not sure if it's out for desktops yet...

Not out for desktop yet. They do have a laptop version that's been on the market for a few years. It was called the Seagate Momentus XT and has been rebranded as the Seagate Laptop SSHD (solid state hard drive).

750GB XT (old version): http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148837

1TB Laptop SSHD (new version): http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822178340

The desktop versions should be showing up in 1TB and 2TB capacities soon.

They're not as fast as a standard SSD but they will outperform a matching hard drive. If you're on a budget and can only fit 1 drive then they are worth it over a normal hard drive but if you can fit a separate SSD and HDD into your budget then you will get much better performance.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

Archived