Second Skin Audio

Sealing a hole in a box?

I have a box built and it has a cup terminal on the back that I want to get rid of

i want to keep the box except for that cup terminal because i am fiberglassing the box and going to run the sub inverted

it is glued together so i cant just replace the back panel

what would be the best way to seal the hole?

can i just fiberglass the inside, fill the hole with resin and then fiberglass the rest of the outside? or should i cut a mdf circle to glue in the hole?

im not a great box builder so anyone with experience would be a great help

thanks

Without music, life would be an error

What I would do, cut a circle the size of the hole, then cut a larger circle, put that smaller circle in the middle of the larger circle, stick both circles onto the box with the smaller one in the hole. Hit the larger one with a roundover bit on the edges, then glue the shit/screw that big bitch to the box and glass the inside edge/sand smooth. Then put a personal touch or a logo of some sort on the big circle when you get done and finish the box up.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

i don't want them to be there because it shows where its gonna be in the truck and im just picky when it comes to he way it looks lol

What I would do, cut a circle the size of the hole, then cut a larger circle, put that smaller circle in the middle of the larger circle, stick both circles onto the box with the smaller one in the hole. Hit the larger one with a roundover bit on the edges, then glue the shit/screw that big bitch to the box and glass the inside edge/sand smooth. Then put a personal touch or a logo of some sort on the big circle when you get done and finish the box up.

That wont affect anything having a random piece of wood inside the box would it?

Put a price of wood in the hole and then Douglas it in real good. I would.fiberglass it from.the inside and outside.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

I don't wanna be that guy but if I were you I would just build a new box...

I live in a dorm room, so i don't have my dads tools anymore to build a box lol

and i don't have $150 to pay some professional to build it for me

I have another NOOB question that i hope someone here can answer for me so i don't start a new thread.

Im putting in a new SA-8 and will be putting 1100 rms to it ... is it bad to run that much power right off the bat? ive heard about breaking in a sub but don't really know what that means exactly

Archived