Sundown Audio

how screwed am i? water on amp

Awhitewookie

One time, in the middle of a build... I had my amp on the picnic table outside while I was swapping boxes. It started to rain and I completely forgot about the amp out there. It was soaked. Lol.

Put it in a garbage bag full of rice overnight... intsalled it and burped that bish @ .25. All good.

Find a bigger size microwave put it in there for 10-12 minutes boom good as new!

But really rice has worked with my phones and a remote once (spilt beer on it watching a football game) I wouldn't try for a week.. Best of luck!

2003 GMC Yukon Denali

Alpine CDA 117

Redoing Mids/Highs

4 Runs of 1/0 Knukonceptz 2+, 2-

4 Deka 9A31's in back (Stock underhood) 250 amp Alt.

AQ20K

2 18" Crossfire XS V.2's 12 cubes 33hz 149sq inches of port!

Well its not letting me post my findinds. Ill try later

MY BUILD

1998 Ford Explorer 2dr sport

1/0 Big 3 1/0 everything

Alpine cda-9884

Crescendo CZ components

(2) Crescendo bc2000's

(2) Jolt 150ah

(2) Yellow top optimas

(1) Juicebox black cherry addition

(1) Mechman 270 avbm

miss my bc5500 and (4) 15's

You know why people are ass holes online but not in person? Because getting punched in the mouth hurts.

Don't use rice. It gets rice dust all over

Air dry for a few days is fi e

This guy. Don't use rice. Think about it. The only way rice will soak up water is if it comes into contact with it. However, if the rice does come in contact with water it'll get wet, and when this rice dries it will leave a not so nice residue on the part where it was touching. It will dry out on its own over time though but you could always help it by letting it sit somewhere where it's nice and hot so the water will evaporate faster.

ninja.gif Build in progress ninja.gif

Alright here is what I saw.

All the caps are good

IMG_20130701_205451_302_zps6ba9d27b.jpg

1st set of power and ground are good

IMG_20130701_210138_322_zpsd86af99c.jpg

This is the only thing I found. 2nd set of power and ground. Its on the ground

IMG_20130701_210148_616_zps7ef093ce.jpg

IMG_20130701_210118_612_zps818c93cb.jpg

I took a flashlight to one of the vents to see the other side of the board and couldnt see anything under this ground block

MY BUILD

1998 Ford Explorer 2dr sport

1/0 Big 3 1/0 everything

Alpine cda-9884

Crescendo CZ components

(2) Crescendo bc2000's

(2) Jolt 150ah

(2) Yellow top optimas

(1) Juicebox black cherry addition

(1) Mechman 270 avbm

miss my bc5500 and (4) 15's

You know why people are ass holes online but not in person? Because getting punched in the mouth hurts.

That's a pretty ass amp man. Like everyone's said just let it air dry a week. During one of my installs I went inside for a bit and of course out of the blue it started to rain while my trunk was open and water got in my amp. Let it dry and you have a good chance of it being fine. And make sure next time as an extra precaution to put some towels or something over your equipment... that's what I do even though my weather seal is good its a just in case type thing.

Just let it dry for a little bit and everything should be okay with the amp. That is a very pretty amp. I wouldn't mind having one at all.

Clip city bitch, clip clip city bitch. 10's, 12's, 15's, goin up in flames bitch.

TaylorFade, on 02 Jul 2013 - 9:38 PM, said:

Go back to that place, ask to speak to that dude again, look him dead in the eye and then.... pop him in the snot box.

Tell him T-Fade sent you.

Archived