best torch and solder for battery lugs/terminals ?

Well MAP gas is hotter but hard to find, just use a propane torch & rosin core solder......or pure silver solder if you have the dollaz.

• pa-pa-platypus

• sorry not everybody has a companies nuts so far down their throat they catch every drop ball sweat when it falls

I use normal propane tanks for mine and I have used this end for a lot of my wires http://www.amazon.com/Bernzomatic-TS4000-Trigger-Start-Torch/dp/B00008ZA09/ref=cm_cr_pr_sims_t I used that one linked after I had upgraded from using an old bernzomatic one that you can regulate the fuel amount yourself as I was tired of having to get it just right and the dumb thing would go out on me or the flame would shoot back to where the orifices were, it was a really old tip and was time for a new one.

I have also used MAPP gas but that gas is worse to use in enclosed areas than propane and I almost always solder my wire in the basement on the bench vice so I open my door up into the basement that is like 3 feet away from the bench vice and take down the smoke detector.

For solder I just get the kits at home depot or lowes that you use for soldering copper pipes together for plumbing. It comes with thick solder paste and I put that on the outer part of the wire I am soldering. I then get a tool you use for scratching the inside of pipe joints and scratch up the inner part of the ring terminal as it helps to make the solder stick a little better (you don't need to do this, I just like to be overkill with everything). I take a q-tip and put some flux around the inner part of the ring terminal and then I put the wire in there. I take the torch and heat up the eye-ring part of the terminal and then let the wire get heated up and put the solder in on the wire through the opening on the terminal.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

I use a cheap harbor freight torch. Its cheap and gets the job done. Had it 3 years with no issues .

http://www.harborfreight.com/micro-torch-60645.html

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Just bought one of these tonight... can use the small camping tanks or can get an adapter for the larger BBQ tanks...

http://www.harborfreight.com/propane-torch-with-three-burners-91899.html

image_15048.jpg

2010 Chevy  HHR Panel (Work in progress)

Pioneer AVHX-5800BHS

McLaren MLM880's and MLT2's 2ea per door on a DC 175.4

Two DC Audio M4 Level 5 15's On A DC5K

Alt CES 200/270+

4ea Banks of Maxwell 2.7v 3000f caps for a total of 2000f

1ea XS 3100 and 2ea NSB FT170 Batts for 450+ah 

Not a HUGE build but here it is... DC Audio HHR Build

TDH-skater229.jpg
SkaterLogo.jpg

Archived