Sonic Electronix

First of all I'd like to say I'm glad to have joined he best car audio forum on the web.

Soon I will be getting a Nissan Frontier crew cab and will be losing the space that I had for subs like in my 4Runner. I have found this ported box to fit under the rear seat.

https://www.soundoffaudio.com/item.cfm/id/3112

Quick Specs

- Mounting Depth -5.25

- 1.0 cubic ft. Shared

- Tuned to 37hz, but frequency can be changed.

- 1.25 inches of clearance between bottom of box & floor.

I've done a fair amount of research on 8" drivers, and thought about the Sundown SD-2 but I don't believe it will work with it using the SA surround. I also heard good things about the Alpine SWR-8. I would like other people's opinion on 8" drivers that would work best with that box. Particularly I'm looking for SPL, that won't slam into the floor with excursion. Thanks for any advice!

because youll only got 1cuft after displacment you will be between 0.8-0.9cuft depending on sub

if you were to wait a bit the new x6.5 would go well in there

other wise idd get the sealed 2x8/10 box

because there hand made you ask them to do 3x8" but idd do 2x10" sealed

Do you think the dual sealed 10" setup would have more output than the dual ported 8" setup, also which subs would you run in this setup? I just looked at the new 6.5 setup and it said those worked well in a .3-.35 ported enclosure,unless I read the wrong thing.

The problem is you want to be loud but donr want tonmake the sacrifice or pick a different vehicle. With what you want to work with you shouldnt expect it to be loud.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

yep it will sound nice n clean but if you want any pressure you gotta take the seat out , make an armrest box or blow thru from the bed ive seen some fiberglassed extended cab doors with 8s box

Put it this way.. if i had to.. i would pick the sundown 8", but the alpine will work just fine.. Just dont expect to have the loudest system on the street. But if you'd like to have some deep bass that will work.

I know it wasn't mentioned but i love my m3 8s from DC Audio. Too bad there isn't a way to make like an armrest enclosure to have a bigger space to work with.

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own
4 - 18" lvl 6s (m3) w/full Carbon Fiber option

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

On 8/2/2013 at 8:13 PM, n8ball2013 said:

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

Sorry, I didn't mention in my original post that I'm open to suggestions on any 8" woofer. I'm open to any brand/power handling. And I understand that I can't achieve actual SPL levels but all I ment was that I'm looking for the most output that I can achieve, I should have been more clear.

Archived