ham4864 Posted August 1, 2013 Report Posted August 1, 2013 First off let me say Hi. I am looking for a free air sub to replace my factory 10" sub on my cadillac cts deck Now to answer some questions that i know will be asked. I am not in to competition..... I don't care to be heard a 1/2 a mile away..... This is a daily drive...will only need upwards of about 600 watts..... I don't want a box because i wan't my trunk space.... Now that i've got that stuff out of the way I just need a nice 10" free air sub-woofer 2009 bmw 5 series Head Unit Stock Amplifier-JL Audio JX 360/4 Processor- Audiocontrol LC6
SnowDrifter Posted August 1, 2013 Report Posted August 1, 2013 Fi IB3s are built for that. The smallest size you can get them is a 12" thoughWhat about the new sundown X subs? Those are rated according to what they can take free air at 20hz IIRC. So it may be a good candidate. But then again I don't know much about IB setups ~~~~~~~~SAY NO TO PHOTOBUCKET~~~~~~~~ Snow's DD-1 tracks here: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167433-snows-dd-1-tracks/ My take on OFC vs CCA: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/110381-things-that-piss-you-off-in-the-car-audio-world/?do=findComment&comment=2461444
DubNDodge Posted August 1, 2013 Report Posted August 1, 2013 What would be your budget? '01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log 2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said: Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.
ham4864 Posted August 2, 2013 Author Report Posted August 2, 2013 i mean it's not the only option i have just wanted to try and save space. I do have a custom box made for a single SA-12 that i never used. The one in the avatar to the left. I guess i could mount the amp in the trunk and take the box out if i need more room. 2009 bmw 5 series Head Unit Stock Amplifier-JL Audio JX 360/4 Processor- Audiocontrol LC6
Tarball Posted August 2, 2013 Report Posted August 2, 2013 You may be able to angle mount the FI 12 in there with some creative thinking. CURRENT SYSTEM: Alternator: Stock alt on mids/highs Isolated DC Power 270 SP - Charging @ 16.8v Batteries: (2) XS D1400s Power Cable: Double Runs of 1/0 KNU Kolossus Fleks Headunit: 80-PRS Sub Amp: DC 5.0k Subwoofers: 2 RE MT 15s /PSI dual .7ohm recones Subwoofer Enclosure: 9.1cubes @ 32hz - brutal. Mids & Highs Amp: CT125.4 Active Components: Mids RE XXX 6.5c Highs - 3 RE XXX tweeters per side(A pillar) Noise Control: Damplifier Pro all over the cab. Build Log If you do business with me please leave feedback here: FEEDBACK THREAD Highest Legal Score: 151.0 db Highest Musical 30 Second Average: 151.6 db
DylanBunch Posted August 2, 2013 Report Posted August 2, 2013 I free aired my x 18 @ 20hz on 1400 watts and didn't bottom out, thing moves a ton lol 2006 Ford Explorer 2 Team AA/Sundown 15s 6th order Ct Sounds 7k 4 PRV Mr500 8s Rockford p1000-2 Team Subsonic Lows
Kyblack76 Posted August 2, 2013 Report Posted August 2, 2013 Wrong application. There are FREE AIR drivers out there .. OP , check out cerwin vega. Their STEALTH line, is epic nice for a free air set up damn nice SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
87chevyboi Posted August 2, 2013 Report Posted August 2, 2013 worst case as stated if you wanted the fi with a little ingenuity and design you could get the 12 to fit in the stock location My build aka Snow White whats wrong with fat chicks? they are like mopeds, as long as your friends dont see you riding it, they are a blast! hahah I am dumb as a stump. I live in the south and we are all dumb here.
ham4864 Posted August 3, 2013 Author Report Posted August 3, 2013 Wrong application. There are FREE AIR drivers out there .. OP , check out cerwin vega. Their STEALTH line, is epic nice for a free air set up damn nice I'll def check out the cerwin vega,thanks 2009 bmw 5 series Head Unit Stock Amplifier-JL Audio JX 360/4 Processor- Audiocontrol LC6
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.