Sundown Audio

why running low ohms

rebel

Have fun properly powering a substage that consists of 8 subs rated at 5k each, with only amps wired at 4ohm lol, dear god i couldn't imagine how many amps you'd need.

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

I noticed no audible difference besides being a shitton louder when I wired from 1.33 to .33 on one amp and 1.33 to .67 on two amps

me too.

1.5 vs. .67..... OH LAWD! Goes from "this is kinda loud i guess" to "am i BREAKING SOMETHING!??!"

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

FUCK !! id take 1.5 db as a gain, and pay outta the ass for it... let alone almost 4 .. shit...

try to buy more efficent subs

FUCK !! id take 1.5 db as a gain, and pay outta the ass for it... let alone almost 4 .. shit...

try to buy more efficent subs

lul.. ok

EDIT - at mid 55's dude,.. it gets hard to gain a 1/10th of a DB.

But, ill look in to some other subs. Mine, are piles of shit for sure........

Fucking Lol at rebel.

1996 GMC Sonoma
Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said:

Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.

isnt 3db close to twice as loud to the ear?

. First if the speaker is 4 ohms vs 2 ohms, no way you can hear any difference. Same issue comparing 2 as to 1 ohm. I grant you that between 4 and 1 ohm there is almost 4dB difference BUT at what price and this difference is just percebtible! Two issues. Low impedance loads affect the amplifier’s sound quality adversely and this is quite easy to prove. Load an amplifier with a 4 ohm woofer and listen. Add parallel resistors to the speaker to make the amplifier “think” that it is driving a low impedance speaker and listen to the difference in sound quality. You will be surprised. This test is not 100% valid in fact as the resistive loads added, let the amplifier off the hook as the reactive components of the load are confined to the 4 ohm part. The idea of this test is to keep the loudness about constant but load down the amplifier. The average person can just perceive a 3dB (doubling of power) difference and to actually double the sound pressure on your eardrum, you require TEN TIMES the amplifier power. Yes TEN TIMES!

I can wire to 4ohm and then wire to 1ohm and tell you there is a huge difference in output. And no perceptible distortion, even with an Oscope on my amp at a 1ohm load its a perfect waveform thanks to my dd1.

and I have seen people on here get several DB from box changes with the same amplifier power....

There is so much more to it.

Also you keep talking about sound quality and how its better at higher impedances....then why not wire to 8ohm or 16ohm final and get better sq then 4ohm?

Explain to me with something more concrete then your opinion, show some real testing or math that backs up your claim, and then explain why you don't run 8ohm load or higher to get even better sq..

Do you run solid ofc stranded wire between amplifier output and speaker? Crimp or solder your connections? What about your RCA's? Or source unit...Tell us about your system and how you have everything setup I am very interested.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

isnt 3db close to twice as loud to the ear?

. First if the speaker is 4 ohms vs 2 ohms, no way you can hear any difference. Same issue comparing 2 as to 1 ohm. I grant you that between 4 and 1 ohm there is almost 4dB difference BUT at what price and this difference is just percebtible! Two issues. Low impedance loads affect the amplifier’s sound quality adversely and this is quite easy to prove. Load an amplifier with a 4 ohm woofer and listen. Add parallel resistors to the speaker to make the amplifier “think” that it is driving a low impedance speaker and listen to the difference in sound quality. You will be surprised. This test is not 100% valid in fact as the resistive loads added, let the amplifier off the hook as the reactive components of the load are confined to the 4 ohm part. The idea of this test is to keep the loudness about constant but load down the amplifier. The average person can just perceive a 3dB (doubling of power) difference and to actually double the sound pressure on your eardrum, you require TEN TIMES the amplifier power. Yes TEN TIMES!

when your doing 56+ on music sound quality isn't really noticeable....at least to me it isn't lol

I wire down to get loud, that's pretty much it

Team Flex Issues

Wasn't some of the Old Orion stuff meant to be run down to .25 a channel? like the HCCA series...ahhh I can't remember..this last week I have been going crazy looking at old school amps and specs online.

Yeah, Hammer. Orion's 225HCCA's were solid down to .5-ohm. I had one & ran 10 speakers off of it in my El Camino to include a bridged part of the 2 channels on two 12" subs.

Pair of 1" tweets (Pioneer TST21)

Pair of 3.5" mids (RF Punch)

Pair of 4" mids (LA Sound)

Pair of 6.5" midbass (RF Audiophile)

Pair of 12" subs (LA Sound subs in sealed)

In 1993-95.

Did not even need to put a fan set up on it ... it ran hot, but never clipped off into protection ... that thing was solid, & I have NO IDEA why I sold it.

Zeke

'14

2003 Chevy Monte Carlo SS

MONTEside00030001.jpg

Vehicle Details & Mod List: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/1703-chevrolet-monte-carlo-ss/

Audio Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/143276-2003-chevy-monte-carlo-ss-audio-build-ib-build

Pioneer FH-P8000BT

Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1

Fi IB3 (Two 12", 2-ohm SVC)

RF T400-2 & T500-1bdCP

MechMan S Series 240A

XS Power D3400 & D975

311-vector-logo_zps0d152f73.png sutliffSig_zpsb1df26dd.png

Archived