Sonic Electronix

so i just got a new car and i dont want to replace the head unit or run wires all the way to the front other than the power wire cuz theres so many dang panels haha.

my amp has speaker level inputs to use instead of rcas for factory head units. so my question is can i just run them to my factory amp which is in the trunk rather than to the speakers on either side of the car or head unit?

You can use some wire taps. That's what I did in our Dodge works fine for my needs. I do have to keep the gain all the way down though.

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750

Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

I tapped both the left and right for stereo separation even though I am only running a single sub. If you plan on only running a sub you might be able to get away with it but I always like to use a full range signal both left and right channels so I don't miss any signal and use the amp to tune out any frequency's I don't want. That would also allow you to pass through a signal full range to another amp in the future.

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750

Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

I tapped both the left and right for stereo separation. If you plan on only running a sub you might be able to get away with it but I always like to use a full range signal so I don't miss anything and use the amp to tune out any frequency's I don't want. That would also allow you to pass through a signal full range to another amp in the future.

yeah im just running 2 subwoofers. nothing else with that amp.

but i think ill just take your word and just use the signal off both sides. cant hurt to be sure im getting the best signal i can for the setup lol.

thanks for the advice. seriously helped out a lot

I used a low level converter for my build and I taped in to both left and right and I'm only running a sub.

2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d

140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed)

140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL

142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at)

141 on music.

strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said:

when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole

I honestly would not use the high level inputs. they can be a bit of a pain and in my experience, they sometimes don't sound the best. I would use a low level converter. also If you decide to run the wires or the converter to the stock amplifier, make sure to turn the sensitivity on the converter down a bit because it will be getting a lot of power.

2007 Ford Focus SES Hatchback

Pioneer HU

4 Digital Designs 9515i's in a B pillar.

2 Soundstream XXX 15K's (running at 16 volts)

Soundstream Mids/Highs in custom door panels (getting rebuilt soon)

Soundstream TA2.160 and TA2.400

Sky High and KNU wiring

3 Banks of Maxwell caps 

Winston Lithium (not a fan)

Bump4Life 250 Amp Alt. aka USAlternators

Soundstream Focus and Avenger Build Log

Instagram @p4linnovation

YouTube: Team Blowin Loud 

Archived