Anyone here a flashlight junkie?

Just asking if anyone likes or collects flash lights, for hunting, exploring or general use. I'm looking for a good flashlight in like $50 and below. I know theres good brands out there like Nitecore, Surefire, KcHilites, just to name a few, Is there anything I should be weary of when looking? Something that I should really look into in a flashlight, or are they all the same. Just a magical stick that gives of a beam of light when the switch is flicked, pressed.

Skar Audio SDR 10" x2 (Sealed Box)

Skar Audio 1500.1D (1 Ohm) x1

Skar Audio TX525c (Front with dash tweeter) x1

Kenwood Excelon KFC-X173 (Rear Coax) x1

JL Audio 360.4 (Mids & Highs Amp) x1 

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

I like a company called SteamLight.

Im not sure about prices any more, but I got a few of them laying my house. The Majority of them are plastic house that have to pass crush resistant or shatter resistant testing for factory use. So making sure the lights would explode or some crap if they where forgot in a machine was a big deal. I use to do diecast setup, tooling, and repair on aluminum diecast machines (prior I diecasted for many years). Anyways we got a new flashlight almost every month it seemed, and I think all but 1 of them still work.

All my StreamLights are LED, but I think they may have halogen too.

My favorite one is this little StreamLight Junior LED, its about the size of those little MiniMags, aluminum body, and runs off 2 AA sized batteries that last forever. They get changed from about every month and a half to 3months or so, but that is with me using for hours straight more then a few nights a week when Im working inside a car when my trouble light is not doing the job I need it too.

A lot of Police/Fire/EMS also use the brand.

Which one would be better for a flashlight LED or Halogen? I've been looking for the past 45 mins around for flashlights and apparently theres a bulb called Incandescent or a light. I know the difference for leds and halogen, one being brighter, and one being more friendly to the eye ie color. But I'm looking for total output, and can throw a good diststance out when exploring the backwoods of TN, Outside of earshot...and no weapon...anyways. Just incase slenderman pops out I want to be able to blind him with my flashlight and make a speedy get away. lol, or just be able to actually see my surrounding without my battery dying. Or a power outage with no flashlight and only candles.

EDIT- I found a website called ShiningBeam, Looks okay, but I've never heard of them before. I should be the guinea pig.

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

I have a 4sevens S12 Maelstrom that puts out 800 lumens it's a little beast! and a little Fenix LD15 (117 lumens) on my keys to my truck.

000_00301_zpsa7a4ead3.jpg

I don't own this one, nor would i see myself spending $2500 on a light but it's pretty fucking cool none the less.

'07 Ford Ranger - DM-608 I E700.4 I SA-CX6.5 v2 I SAZ-1500D 15th (x2) I Zv6 12" D1 I SB500-34 I JP40 I

On 5/21/2015 at 7:07 PM, boom50cal said:

of course he gives no fucks. it's a ford ranger.

only bad mother fuckers drive ford rangers

^ LOL! One of the best podcasts ever was sponsored by them for awhile

'07 Ford Ranger - DM-608 I E700.4 I SA-CX6.5 v2 I SAZ-1500D 15th (x2) I Zv6 12" D1 I SB500-34 I JP40 I

On 5/21/2015 at 7:07 PM, boom50cal said:

of course he gives no fucks. it's a ford ranger.

only bad mother fuckers drive ford rangers

This is one letter away from 18+ lol

LOL I actually misread the thread's title the first time I saw it :peepwall:

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Well if you want output, they make HID flashlights, You can even get some that are 80 watt ballasts too!

But your going to spend a few hundred bucks, Its mainly their batteries that get expensive because they all seem to run a lithium ion pack

I don't think I need an HID Flashlight, But I have seen them before, Expensive pieces of equipment.

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

Archived