dual inputs

I think its just like everything else. Just one more thinf that could or could not help

Your are not far off at all.

I was doing mine, and i sent a pic to a "big brain". And he said. "you know, you wont see anything from those with your set up?"

I said, "huh?"

"Duals, are made for 2 power supplies, thats why they were even made".

Soooooo, if i DOUBLE my battery bank. From the 3 to six. Then, i can pull a run off a PAIR of bats, into ONE dual. And so on, and so one. Make sense?

It does to me. So, running 4 lines off of 1, or 2 batteries, in to a dual, wont, OR SHOULDNT do shit. Seperate supplies, and it will "help"

I think its just like everything else. Just one more thinf that could or could not help

I was doing mine, and i sent a pic to a "big brain". And he said. "you know, you wont see anything from those with your set up?"

I said, "huh?"

Soooooo, if i DOUBLE my battery bank. From the 3 to six. Then, i can pull a run off a PAIR of bats, into ONE dual. And so on, and so one. Make sense?

It does to me. So, running 4 lines off of 1, or 2 batteries, in to a dual, wont, OR SHOULDNT do shit. Seperate supplies, and it will "help"

But if you have your batteries in parallel, how does it make a difference where your wire is ran from?

Sorry, just isn't clicking in my brain.

If you were to have three batteries then add 3 more, you would just be adding three more batteries and making the single power supply bigger.

2007 M/T Honda Civic Coupe EX

(4) Sundown Audio X-8's

(2) Ampere Audio 3800.1's

(3) Stinger SPV-44 Batteries

(1) Mechman 240

3:1 Ratio 4th order sealed from the trunk

TEAM NWSPL

Best termlab scores to date in Honda trunk:
151.7db legal (official) IASCA trunk 3 class

Best termlab scores to date in my walled Subie:
152.9db legal (unofficial) IASCA advanced 2 class
155db outlaw

I said, "huh?"

But if you have your batteries in parallel, how does it make a difference where your wire is ran from?

Sorry, just isn't clicking in my brain.

If you were to have three batteries then add 3 more, you would just be adding three more batteries and making the single power supply bigger.

No, your on it.....

The bigger builds... like 20 batteries, have 10 on one "line"

10 on the other.....They dont do ONE BIG BANK...

And where duals would be primo.

If the banks are in parallel then it makes no difference, 4 banks of 4 batts per bank, if all are in parallel, they all act like one GIANT bank of 16 when a load is connected.

TEAM SOUNDQUBED -- TEAM SOUTH

TEAM S.O.B. - Founder & Captain

3x Streetbeat World Record Holder

2017 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4 
2016 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem/2nd Adv 4/2nd Xtreme 4
2015 MWSPL 2nd place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4
2014 USACI 2nd place Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db
2014 MWSPL 2nd place Xtreme 4 - 144.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Street Q+ - 162.8 db
2013 MWSPL 3rd Kaos2 & 4th Xtreme 4
2011 USACI 2nd place MOD 1001-2k - 160.0 db
2011 MWSPL 4th place: Adv3 - 157.8 db, Kaos2 - 150s db, Xtreme4 - 140s db
2010 ARSPL 1st place 501-750 - 160.3 db Arkansas loudest

Best score to date 164.4 db - Termlab Outlaw

Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db

Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db

MWSPL on Dash Legal door open (Music) - 162.5 db

Sealed on dash Legal (Music) - 161.1 db - Termlab

THE BLACK NASTY CURRENT BUILD & FAB

The Black Nasty (6) 15 Rebuild Log 2012

(4) 15 Walled Sierra Build Log

Evo X build log

Facebook page The Black Nasty

16163044_large.gif

It comes down to current consumption into the ampilifer. For every run of wire to the amp you drop in the wire input resistence, the lower that is the faster the current will get to the amp with less voltage drop.

Same practice the db drag guys do with 12 runs of wire off 1 battery and see gain with each run of wire added.

TEAM SOUNDQUBED -- TEAM SOUTH

TEAM S.O.B. - Founder & Captain

3x Streetbeat World Record Holder

2017 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4 
2016 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem/2nd Adv 4/2nd Xtreme 4
2015 MWSPL 2nd place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4
2014 USACI 2nd place Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db
2014 MWSPL 2nd place Xtreme 4 - 144.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Street Q+ - 162.8 db
2013 MWSPL 3rd Kaos2 & 4th Xtreme 4
2011 USACI 2nd place MOD 1001-2k - 160.0 db
2011 MWSPL 4th place: Adv3 - 157.8 db, Kaos2 - 150s db, Xtreme4 - 140s db
2010 ARSPL 1st place 501-750 - 160.3 db Arkansas loudest

Best score to date 164.4 db - Termlab Outlaw

Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db

Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db

MWSPL on Dash Legal door open (Music) - 162.5 db

Sealed on dash Legal (Music) - 161.1 db - Termlab

THE BLACK NASTY CURRENT BUILD & FAB

The Black Nasty (6) 15 Rebuild Log 2012

(4) 15 Walled Sierra Build Log

Evo X build log

Facebook page The Black Nasty

16163044_large.gif

If the banks are in parallel then it makes no difference, 4 banks of 4 batts per bank, if all are in parallel, they all act like one GIANT bank of 16 when a load is connected.

This is what I was thinking.

2007 M/T Honda Civic Coupe EX

(4) Sundown Audio X-8's

(2) Ampere Audio 3800.1's

(3) Stinger SPV-44 Batteries

(1) Mechman 240

3:1 Ratio 4th order sealed from the trunk

TEAM NWSPL

Best termlab scores to date in Honda trunk:
151.7db legal (official) IASCA trunk 3 class

Best termlab scores to date in my walled Subie:
152.9db legal (unofficial) IASCA advanced 2 class
155db outlaw

the dual input it helps the electrical of the car and keep the amp cooler but idk about gain.

02 dodge ram 1500 reg cab 3rd gen

2 sundown sd-2 d4

soundstream rub1.2500 amp

all sky high car audio-fuse,fuse holder,wire,ring lugs and rca

flex tech

box design by Joe X

supension-mcgaughys 2in drop spindal ,western chassis 6in flip kit,buddy custom c-notch

04 5.7l hemi motor swap and made it an slt eletric everthing

youtube channel-http://www.youtube.c...43?feature=mhee

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/190882-02-dodge-ram-1500-3rd-gen/

I have wondered about dual inputs as well. The thing that I see that would not be good is that when you insert the hardened aluminum terminal in the amp and screw it down, it will only make contact on the bottom and the top of the terminal since it cannot be perfect size or it would not fit. If you were to use wire, then when you tighten the screw on the input it will compress the wires to make a nice contact on the majority of the input spreading the cable throughout the hole.

2006 GMC Yukon
Pioneer HU

SHCA ran throughout

Crescendo BC3500

One 18 AA Mayhem in a 4th order

ZED Levithian 6 channel

Rainbow Dual 6.5 comps ran Active
matt142-1-1.jpg
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155628-matt14s-yukon-mayhem-in-a-4th-ordernew-amps-and-bats/page-3

Matt said exactly what my concern is about any solid metal into a terminal. plus the inside of the terminal on the amp is usually pretty bumpy so you get even less contact with a slug in there.

but just look at the math. if you have a 3' power wire on a 5k... a dual input wont do shit. but if you have a 6'+ power wire to the 5k... well then maybe. you have to exceed the capacity of the wire to some extent before adding another wire will do anything.

someone mentioned that ray gained with dual inputs. well when i look at his trunk it looks like he has some pretty long ass cable runs. all that extra resistance adds up.

a pure copper terminal wont do anything either. im pulling this out of my ass but the difference would be a delta of something ridiculous like .0001ohm.

dual inputs dont help the power supply of the car lol. they don't make your alt produce more or your batteries have a lower internal resistance.

two power supplies... this really doesn't make any sense to me. it's all wired in parallel so it's just a matter of how strong your power supply is. I would, however, definitely bolt each wire to a different battery just to limit resistance in the connection.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Archived