Second Skin Audio

Anybody done a mustang?

87chevyboi

Its not tubbed its still street driven, just built motor and the interior was gutted when i got it, but i got all the stuff back in it now. Dude before me was gonna use me to drag race it. Ill post pics tmw or the trunk and the dimensions of it, specially the trunk lid opening. I might have to go thru the back seat like i said just so i dont havce to build it in the trunk.

whats wrong with fat chicks? they are like mopeds, as long as your friends dont see you riding it, they are a blast! hahah

I am dumb as a stump. I live in the south and we are all dumb here.

I'm sure you could fit a ported box for a single 12 in there. I mean I know those trunks aren't the biggest but they're not THAT small lol. Car looks sweet though! Got ony vids of it at the strip?

FI BL18 Build Log: CLICK HERE!!

2003 Explorer Sport:

FI BL18

SoundQubed 2200 at 0.7ohm

Pioneer DEH-2500UI

Pioneer 6 x 8s

Rockford Fosgate 6 x 9s

5 ft^3 box at 35hz

Lots of Mega Mat

SkyHighCarAudio_zpse6b4e501.png3abb2365-8d29-422d-a446-efa7a74b8dba_zps70e62980.jpgFILogo_zps400b37c1.jpg

I'm sure you could fit a ported box for a single 12 in there. I mean I know those trunks aren't the biggest but they're not THAT small lol. Car looks sweet though! Got ony vids of it at the strip?

You must not know the trunks im talking about lol this is a tiny trunk space...

whats wrong with fat chicks? they are like mopeds, as long as your friends dont see you riding it, they are a blast! hahah

Dimensions are as folowed..I got a battery in the trunk so i can remove it to put the box in there but the box has to stop before it or along side of it.

Trunk opening-15 1/2 inches from back to front not side to side

Front of trunk width right behind seat is-35" Wide

Front of trunk behind seat to battery is-22"

Bottom of 6x9s are-10 1/2 inches tall from trunk

From 6x9 to 6x9 is-29"

bottom to top inbetween 6x9s is-13 1/2 inches

I think it will have to be in between 6x9s or i can build a kind of ledge on the box to go under them...There is also 2 rods i am going to cut out as soon as i can find out what they go for. I will include pics in the next post. there uploading to photobucket right now. Anybody know how to cut down on the siz of them?

100_1142.jpg

100_1143.jpg

100_1146.jpg

This bar making a v is the one i can cut out and rebrace to get the box in there, also the 2 rods int he pics are getting tooken out also. Also if it would sound good what about the port going inside the cabin thru the back panel that the 6x9s are in? Would that sound good or not? Ive never heard a system that was ported like that, ive seen a couple done on here but never heard one in person.

Single 8 and a four channel amp with a xomp set up front. Hook it up with molex plugs and pull it out when you hit the strip

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Well, those braces are structural, so maybe just cut them out and bolt them back in. Or get sub frame connectors and then you wont need them at all. If you cut those rods you do know the trunk wont stay open on its own right? I agree, a pair of 8's or a 10 would do fine in there.

Also, not to go off topic, but why put a higher profile cam? Just cause a car chops more doesn't make it faster or quicker. I mean, i thought if you have to much cam you need more rpm to make the power, you could screw up the torque curve and make it a dog. Just my two cents.

@n8 what are molex plugs you are talking about?

@sgunnem im thinking thats what im going to do

@strangeduck im pretty sure it already has sub fram connectors so the chassis wouldnt twist, not that its making that much power but it helps on the track. If you dont have the suspension for your car setup right then theres no point in having good power. But i may cut them and bolt them back in. And also your cam can help or hurt, if you just buy a cam for the lopey sound and dont care about the performance aspect then i guess it could hurt your performance. But i am going to get a cam to help me out and have a more lopey sound when i port n polish the heads. Im gonna be putting in 1.7 rockers, cam, valve springs all to compliment the nitrous setup that is going in it.

Also i dont care if the trunk lid stays open when i open it up, if im going in the trunk it wnt be but for a second then im gonna shut it again anyways lol

Archived