3000 Watts for $300 - To Good to be true? BB5000D AD-1 Results

This thread is titled:

3000 Watts for $300 - To Good to be true? BB5000D AD-1

The answer is in this case, yes.

There are many good points made in this thread.

Is >1500w a good deal for $300 bucks? In my opinion it is.

Is it shady to tell a customer that the amp will do 3k with the right electrical? Again, I feel it is.

Op I will throw a challenge your way......

If Steve, or a non biased person with an AD 1 can get one of those amps, not modded, to do 3k rms at 1 ohm @ 14 volts i will buy the AMP from you plus reimburse you for the shipping costs.

If it fails, you donate the amp to me.

Do you stand behind your word?

Any customer looking for a "3000 watt" amp in the price range of $300 could care less if it does true power or not. I'm sure I can get that bitch to do 5k while it's distorting.

Show us

Id love to see those brands that are being compared to this thrown on it. The hifonics etc. Im willing to bet the results are very similar. basically any amp you see someone say its a good amp for the price.

my crescendos are good for the price........

Used to have a loud truck

2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq

2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s

My any amp I decide to buy is good for the price.

Should I buy an amp that puts out 100 watts for $900? No. But would I pay upwards of $900 for an amp that puts out 3k+ that I know won't break in a year and that will work every time I turn it on. That won't need a power plant to keep it above 13v because its too power hungry and in effecient.

I don't mind paying to play. In fact my girlfriend is still upset at me for how much I'm looking at spending for my next couple amps and new equipment I'm looking at getting. But I learned my lesson about buying cheap equipment.

My old YouTube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/SwordLords1234?feature=mhee

My old build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161872-96-accord-b2-sundown-sky-high-dc-power-re-re-build-for-heatwave/page-37

My New Build - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/207041-2016-mazda-6-sql-build/

2016 Mazda 6 Touring

JL Fix 86 - OEM signal correction

B2 prototype DSP 6to8

B2 Ref63 - 3 way active set

2 B2 Class H quattro's

1 B2 Zero.5R @.5

2 B2 HNv3 12 d2

B2 SLIP40 - Lithium in the trunk

Northstar Group 35 under the hood

100ft 2/0 welding cable

30ft 4ga welding cable

20ft 8ga welding cable

All stinger OFC speaker wire

Soundrive custom RCA's

Tons of attention to detail.... Can it be perfect?

I never said it will do 3k. Go back and look. I said at best I see it possibly doing in the 2500 watt range. I did however say that if a customer asked for a 3000 watt amp, I would tell them that it would do it. That is a different story. How is that any different than Sonic selling any of there shit? All the lower priced product is over rated and everyone knows it. This is not new news.

Boss you said that you would happily tell a customer that it will do 3000w with proper voltage.

I'm not trying to bash anymore, but you did say that.

I will happily tell a customer that it will do 3000 watts on perfect voltage. On a more realistic level though, I would also say that you can see 1500 on a regular charging system. It takes power to make power. It's that simple

hmmm..... :shrug:

"Walmart Where Car Audio Is Both Funny and Sad" "The weak are meat, and the strong do eat..."

I agree 100% with your sales scheme CJ18. There is nothing more respectable than honesty. I will still stand by the fact that more than half of today's customers still don't give a shit about what it really does. They just want there 2 cheap 12's to bang. You have to understand that I'm in no way trying to compete with rockford, kicker, alpine, sundown, AQ, or any other higher end amp manufacture. By all means, there are better amps. What I will say though, is I would sleep much better selling the belva to a customer over a AP 3000, boss, lanzar, etc. You can't disagree with me on that. Did it fail to meet rms ratings, yes. That was never up for debate. If it does 2500-2600 watts dynamic on 14.4, and at the end of the day has better reliability than any of the amps in it's comparative class, then why wouldn't I try to sell it? You guys have to remember that car audio has many different audiences. Not everyone is willing to spend what we do.

you are wrong.. customers do give a shit.. when they see you have a fosgate doing 2500 rated for $900 and a cheap amp that says its rated at 3k at $300 they will jump on the cheap one.. it is your job to ask what they are looking to get out of the system and really sell what they want.. not just go by the number on a box. you tell them the truth.. trust me they will listen and be glad you didn't lead them to a mistake.. stuff like this hurts your business more then it will hurt the amp company..

OP, just keep posting videos of the amps you have available...they will really help the forum out.

I agree with the honesty discussion here, but I also agree how majority of the customers aren't knowledgeable about the products they buy, or the importance/priority given to something material and that is not car audio only, that is just general everywhere, but since this is a car audio forum, that is why there will be trash talking. As for me I try to do some research before I make a purchase because I know what I can afford and what I cannot, so I try to get the best out of my money. That is why these videos are helpful.

To be honest I wouldn't buy it, but someone will.

keep posting videos!

thanks!

Simple answer here is do the test, post the results with as much info about the test as possible and let the numbers speak for themselves. Also, i'm glad we are seeing these tests done. Now i have a way to show people that there is a difference in amplifier quality.

Archived