Golitan11 Posted August 15, 2013 Report Posted August 15, 2013 I have a Sundown SA-12 (DVC @ 2 ohms) and I want to connect it in parallel. The problem is I am not able to fit the jumper and the wire coming from the amp together (it's 12 gauge speaker wire). Did I miss something?? Thanks.
HHR Ed Posted August 15, 2013 Report Posted August 15, 2013 twist the ends of the wire together. It should fit. Ed Lester ShowtimeSPL Host Showtime Electronics Video MarketingMy old Build Loghttp://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl 5 time dB Drag Finalist Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way. Loudest score ever = 171dB 2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion
Golitan11 Posted August 15, 2013 Author Report Posted August 15, 2013 I did but it does not fit at all.
2loud4uboyz Posted August 15, 2013 Report Posted August 15, 2013 Take wires back out of sub . Trim off some wire on all wire to make fit. Bingo there you go sir.
Kyblack76 Posted August 15, 2013 Report Posted August 15, 2013 Either run a smaller gauge,..(if you use the largest the terminal will fit, doing 2, will for sure not fit) OR (my sp4's take 8g, and that is what i wanted to use, all around) SO, I made a "terminal block" of sorts... Allowed me to use 8g errrrrrry where SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
Kyblack76 Posted August 15, 2013 Report Posted August 15, 2013 Take wires back out of sub . Trim off some wire on all wire to make fit. Bingo there you go sir. See, that defeats the use of the larger gauge.... IMHO. If your gonna do that, then just use smaller.... SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
AI James Posted August 15, 2013 Report Posted August 15, 2013 Take wires back out of sub . Trim off some wire on all wire to make fit. Bingo there you go sir. See, that defeats the use of the larger gauge.... IMHO. If your gonna do that, then just use smaller.... not really, its all touching in reality so its all conducting. 2 12gauge should fit in that sub np either way. as im running duall 12gauge in my sa-8's which i would assume are the same binding post as the 12. Just twist them harder and they will fit.
k3n12ock Posted August 15, 2013 Report Posted August 15, 2013 Trim it a little. 05 xB - (2) EVIL 18s - (2) BC3500s - NO WALL Channel 1: http://www.youtube.com/k3n12ock Channel 2: http://www.youtube.com/MrK3n12ock2
SnowDrifter Posted August 15, 2013 Report Posted August 15, 2013 Give each coil it's own wiring and wire them to some bolts on the box ~~~~~~~~SAY NO TO PHOTOBUCKET~~~~~~~~ Snow's DD-1 tracks here: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167433-snows-dd-1-tracks/ My take on OFC vs CCA: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/110381-things-that-piss-you-off-in-the-car-audio-world/?do=findComment&comment=2461444
rockFord_Expedition Posted August 15, 2013 Report Posted August 15, 2013 Myles advice is the best you have got so far op. taking copper out of your wire reduces conductivity so you might as well use smaller wire if you go that way. Don't be lazy, do it the right way like Kyle showed you. Sorry snow, I posted this before I seen yours. That's a good way also. Op I x2 either one of these. Old School/New School RF Build March 2015 SOTM Winner How to crimp large wire
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.