Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Voicecoil terminal cannot fit 2 wires! Need help ASAP!


Golitan11

Recommended Posts

Posted

lol....

interesting.

fisigggg.JPEG?raw=1 Crossfire_Car_Audio2_265_zpsd219cf51.PNG ablogo_zps4c550ed1.PNG?raw=1 download%204_zpsecsgajxi.JPG?raw=1 Audison-Logo_zps3f7b2a7f.JPG?raw=1 sundown_bg2_zps1d0951fc.JPG?raw=1 orionsmalllogosig_zpsf8d08612.PNG?raw=1 KaptionLogo_zps06c2a555.JPG?raw=1 

I RREEALLY ANGRY WIT U PHOTOBUCKET. HAD TO USE DROPBOX NOW HOLYYYYYY.

Wanna ride bikes?

Quote
On 9/16/2017 at 3:28 AM, Jake Pace said:

Oh i know how a 12v system works I did take 3 years of electronics in High school hands on and some in college and also worked on cars in college an always got A's to B's in each class. 

But oh well enough dealing with ppl who have probably not even lived as long as ive been into electronics!

On 7/8/2013 at 4:01 AM, Banshee421 said:

Do horns get low

Posted

Myles advice is the best you have got so far op. taking copper out of your wire reduces conductivity so you might as well use smaller wire if you go that way. Don't be lazy, do it the right way like Kyle showed you.

I disagree with you on that.

Since when do you use thinner wire because you can't fit all the strands in? That's like saying "Oh my ground lug isn't as thick as my 0 gauge. Might as well use 8 gauge then"

And in all honesty trimming off a few strands so you can fit more of the wire in the lug will actually help rather than hurt. More contact area. A couple strands off the end doesn't negate the conductivity of the entire wire.

I'm using knu 8ga for my subs. Had to trim it down a bit to fit

I agree with what you say here. I also edited my post once I seen yours that was right before it, I got ninja'd. I was taking it as he needed more room than what a few strands would spare hence me suggesting smaller wire as ONE option. You are totally right though, trimming a few strands off of 1/0 is better than using 8ga, but I did not intend to suggest such a drastic change either.

As always, I respect your input bro.

Posted

Ha-ha butt don't think so. He didn't ask the best way . He ask how do I get the wire in . Everybody should know there's more than one way to do things. And there always a better way. I'm just not going to let people run over me. There are a lot of ding dings on the site.

Posted

Ha-ha butt don't think so. He didn't ask the best way . He ask how do I get the wire in . Everybody should know there's more than one way to do things. And there always a better way. I'm just not going to let people run over me. There are a lot of ding dings on the site.

awrrW5r_460sa.gif

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

Posted

Trim just the jumper or use smaller wire for the jumper, since it see half the power compared to the wire between the amp and sub.

Use 12 ga from the amp to sub and then 16 ga for the jumper from coil 1 to coil 2.

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.

Posted

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee LimitedHU: Pioneer Premier DEH-P790btFront doors: JBL Gt series 6x9'sRear doors: StockSub Amp: DC Audio 3.5K Subs: 2 DC Audio lvl 4 12's with XL uprades and carbon fiber capsAlternator: Mechman 240

Wire: Wirez 1/0 awg OFC amp wire kit

dcid5_zps46f1f305.jpg

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 847 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...