This is why you fuse!!!

I'm guilty of not fusing. Had an 81 chevy truck when I was 16. I pulled up to a red light and all of the sudden the whole left side of the truck starts smoking and my amps cut off. The cars behind me were backing up to get away from me. I guess they thought it was about to blow. I think it would have been a little funny if it wasn't my stuff that was smoking. Burnt every bit of the insulation off of my power wire. Needless to say, I was embarrassed. I double fuse now. One at the battery and one before the amps. Live and learn.

2002 GMC 2500HD w/8.1 liter v-8

Pioneer Avic N-5 HU

Pioneer CD-BTB200 Bluetooth

Pioneer CD-UB100 usb

Pioneer GEX-P910XM XM receiver

Pioneer CD-1200 IPhone adapter

Pioneer TS-W309D2 subs x2

Audiopipe split 3003

2 Autotek 3-way active crossovers

2 alpine tweeters

RF Punch P132 3.5" full range

RF Power T1462 4x6 full range

RF Power T1693 6x9 3 way

RF Power T2652 T2 6.5 components

2 Autotek ATX 1200.4 amps 4

RF P400 amp

Massive N4 nano-block

I measure loud by the amount of smoke it puts out.

www.enforcer-gaming.com

ive tested fuse and no fuse in our build and no difference whatsoever.

This is what I wondered. Fuses are tested and I would imagine they allow the same everything go thru as if the fuse wasn't there. Hmm can the AD test that? lol

AMI has my respect tho, cause the numbers are ridiculous and he is brave enough to that with a daily beast and not blink at the fact of what it costs if lost! :)

10501650_10203332501847103_1859383749711

Blown

I remember the first job I worked at an orange grove, had to jump start a vehicle. Connected the first set of pos and neg and waited for the other guy to pull other vehicle around. Was holding the jumper cables behind my back when they arc'ed and burnt part of my shirt. Scary shit for sure lol

Learned a long time ago to put black tape on all my ratchets, screwdrivers and wrenches. That accidental touch of the pos to neg is always enlightening.

No shit good point!

I did that with a ratchet on a kinetic 1400 before. Think I needed a change of underwear after that one. Actually melted a chink out of my ratchet.

ALSO, is using a regular little fuse holder the same thing as using 2 female connectors? I like that idea. Any difference? Thanks.

Archived