Jump Drive / USB memory stick - opinions wanted...

Im looking into having my ipad mini, and a jump drive, memory stick,Thumb drive, (whatever anyone wants to call them) hooked into the HU.

I was looking at several in Wally world, until i about burned the place to the ground. I left with nothing.

There is 500G and Terabyte ones for cheap. Do those work fine in car, and with vibrations? Or a big jump drive just fine.

Also, there was many different brands/makers. Is there any preferance? i have ZERO idea.

Thanks in advance

KB

Spanks yo. Your the second person that said SANDISC .

Will the bigger units run ok in a car? They are a lil bigger that say... a phone.

Slapping one of those in the glove box, and never having to worry about space, at 340 sounds awesome...

Anyone know about those?

The problem with larger drives is the HU has to read them and that makes for a pretty good lag when cycling through songs.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

The problem with larger drives is the HU has to read them and that makes for a pretty good lag when cycling through songs.

AHHHHHH..... No thanks.. ok... Ill stay with "smaller" mem .. Thanks.. Cuz i damn near pulled the trigger.........

I have the 16gb and it runs no problem. I also have the pioneer DEH-9400BH which is just a step or two down from the 80prs. Have had it for a year, I think Adam or someone has the 32gb without problems also.

You also do the DECAF thing right?

You have no space issues. Even using the highest avalible bit ?

I ALWAYS thought the damn kids needing a shit ton of space was just silly. Untill i started using the highest bit rate, and, ran outta space. (damn kids)

So, i started thinking these days, just get a fuck load.. you WILL use it.... lol.

Agree with the micro flash drive that Alek linked. He bought one awhile back and posted it in the random pic post with a size comparison, then I went out and got the same damn thing lol. I just needed a small usb drive since the port is on the face of my unit. Got the 16 gb and haven't had any problems with it.

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

Archived