Second Skin Audio

Sundown SA-12: less powerful than I tought?

Golitan11

Firing to the rear? Mine fires forward

25d9cf71-fff8-4b67-a8f5-28c80d5ea859_zps7d3fe7f6-90c4-4939-b709-43f0e5812212_zps

2018 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback (build in progress)

NVX Sound Deadener (Front Doors)
Stinger FAST Rings

Stock Electrical

SSA Evil 6.5's Front Speakers
Stock rear speakers

MB Quart ONX4.80 speaker amp
Rockford Fosgate T-1500bdcp
DC Level 4 12" D1 @ 2-ohm
Box In Design Stage
Stock Radio
My Build Log

LOL it is not because it is rated at 800W @ 2 ohms that I cannot run it at 800W @ 1 ohm! The gain can be set to whatever you like you know... Anyway yeah I set my gain with a DMM to get 800W @ 1 ohm (I tested the box terminals resistance just to be sure and it was really showing ~1,1 ohm with the DMM). My gain was already set with the subwoofer output level (on the headunit) to the maximum (which is +6). But some told me that it would more possibly clip at that level so I consider to reset my gain the subwoofer output level at 0 with a -5 dB test tone (instead of 0 dB) and when I want to show off I will just have to crank the subwoofer output level.

Lost me here.

10501650_10203332501847103_1859383749711

Blown

try building a new box.. subs up port to the hatch. or get longer wire to fire them back towards the hatch...

a coworker has 2 kicker comps on a 600 watt amp and it gets loud. you can hear it from like 1000 feet..

I know this is a bit off topic but this is like the most confusing thing I ever seen on car audio forums with so different opinions... Do I set my subwoofer output level (on my headunit) to the maximum (+6) or at 0? Some say it is only an attenuation setting while others say it can cause clipping. But if it is only an attenuation setting, then why the default value is not the maximum?

i'd set the gain with a dd-1 and let it wang.i had a sd-2 12" d4 wired to 2ohm on a 4k and it sounded awesome. i had to take it easy with the lc-1 though.

03 Santa Fe E A 200 amp alt,JVC AVX840,kenwood 6.5 fr speakers,eclipse 6.5 rears,mids/high amp XTA-2160, sub amp XTA-5000d,0 guage throughout,batts-front/1 batcap 2000,rear/ batcap4000,2 C&D Dynasty agms, subs 2 DC XL M1 15"s in a music box tuned to 28hz....for now.

I know this is a bit off topic but this is like the most confusing thing I ever seen on car audio forums with so different opinions... Do I set my subwoofer output level (on my headunit) to the maximum (+6) or at 0? Some say it is only an attenuation setting while others say it can cause clipping. But if it is only an attenuation setting, then why the default value is not the maximum?

If it's clean at +6, set it at +6. If it distorts/clips at that level, set it at 0

Pics of install?

If it's clean at +6, set it at +6. If it distorts/clips at that level, set it at 0

Pics of install?

Set it at +6 and get the clip point of your sub out from your deck (of course you want to do your mids/ highs as well, then ad the to volume numbers for clipping of the deck, then divide by 2.). If not using a DD-1 or scope, then I would do everything from +6 and then back it down to 0. I'd think it is best to do it this way than set it up at 0 then turn sub out to +6 later...ya know? No songs are created equal.

Where you located? Someone local may have one and help you tune it.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/137758-smd-audio-tools-map/

10501650_10203332501847103_1859383749711

Blown

Archived