Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

10 cube box with single 6inch aero port


Pauly1987

Recommended Posts

Posted

Wait, what? I told you if you were going to run 6 inch aeros you'd need 4 of them. And the length would be 17" for each one.

You can't get away with 1 6" port for 2 big subs like that.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Posted

Imagine if you verified a desig. Before building. All this wouldnt have happened

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Posted

I don't know how to further help N8. I've given him exact measurements for either a 12" or 4 6" aeros and even satisfied his tuning request.

OP, if you look back, I have you your answer. I didn't tell you, but it WAS for a tuning of 33 Hz.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Posted

OP, you will be just fine with 8 cubes net and use the 2 cubes for a slot port. If you do that you can keep you 10cube box. You are making this design complicated and you don't seem to want to take anyone's advise even though you came and asked for help. People have given you 2 aero port options, I say pick one of those 2 options and try it. If you don't like the outcome, build another box.

I am done with this thread.

Posted

I relieze you guys have answered my question! I understand that I need 4 or 1 12inch, I was simply asking if 1 6inch flared port at 56inch long would be the same as 4 6inch x 17, just put together in one long tube! Only trying to understand for future builds

Posted

Not the same.

It is port area (the surface area at the port opening), not port volume.

It is also the tuning. More port area requires more length for the same tuning. You have the opposite - a single port 56" long will be tuned WAY lower than 4 ports 17" long.

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 539 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...