Food Cards, Section 8, etc., How do We Get Rid of It?

While I don't qualify for Gov't Assistance I don't agree with being rid of it. However I do completely agree with making it harder to get and keep. Some people in here are ignorant and their age shows but some of you understand there are people out there who are just in a really bad way right now. I don't think a child should pay for his parents mistakes and starving them would do nothing but hurt us a whole. I am dismayed with what I see and I do have a lot of people I use to call friend who have abused the system, do I dislike it? Yes. Do I want to see it gone? Hell no, there are families out there who wouldn't survive with out it. The part people miss is it is actually that hard out there. Most of us are fortunate enough to have gainful employment but there are places out there where the work just isn't there. Hell I went to a really bad public school and I know for a lot of those people trying to get a job with out a high school diploma or college education it's hard as hell. Before any of you sit here and blame them for dropping out I want to say I know a few people who did it to get jobs to feed their younger siblings because their mother was strung out on coke and daddy was no where in sight. Sometimes you have to step back and look at it from a broad perspective and remove your feelings from this. The problem with this country is everyone takes advantage of the gov't somehow. The wealthy find their breaks, the poor finds theirs the only ones to really suffer from it all are those of us stuck in the middle trying to make ends meat. I make a pretty good living and I don't want for nothing but I will be the first person to defend the fact that we don't need to turn into a gov't that says "if you don't work you don't eat" because mentalities like that do nothing to move us forward. This country needs to look at itself as a whole and bring some of the assistance back home. Their needs to be stricter rules in place and more rules enforced but getting rid of the program would only hurt the country as a whole.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

I also failed to mention as far as section 8 goes there are a lot of realtors and property owners who benefit greatly from the guaranteed check every month. Remember the gov't pays them directly. I have seen a few friends profit from this and what they do to make sure their investments aren't destroyed by someone who doesn't give a shit is they charge a little extra so lets say you get $800 in Section 8 housing a good friend of mine would charge $1000 for it and sit down with the person moving in and explain to them they will be charged for any damage done to appliances or the house in general. It gives the tenants the mindstate that they must take care of something they now have a vested interest in. Also as someone already mentioned a lot of smaller mom and pop grocery stores benefit from EBT Cards and Food Stamps. Although I do think EBT cards should be gone and it should only be WIC since you are required to only buy whats on the check and you can only buy certain things. The EBT card is the same way, you can only buy food but I think it should be a little harder to use than it is.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

Build Log

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

I saw a guy at the liquor store buying cigs, blunt wraps, Coronas, and Twinkie's. Then proceeds to give the Arab owner an EBT card. Guy runs it as "food items" and he's good to go. Smh

The last thing a "starving" kid needs is a bag of chips, a candy bar, and a slurpee from the 7-11, or fast food. EBT should be like WIC, as stated, only to be used for basic healthful food.

This is going to sound bad but in retrospect I would rather them have something in their stomachs then nothing at all. I do wholeheartedly agree with you 100% WIC is the way to go but when it boils down to it as long as they eat...just eat. I have volunteered to many places and you learn a lot man, for a lot of those kids at the places I volunteered the breakfast and lunch will probably be the only hot nutritional meals they get all day. Sad but true.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

Build Log

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

Ok but the children aren't the one's that are are abusing the parents are.. My friends Mom was a crackhead.. He refused to even let me meet her. He was kicked out at 15, He finished school. Got a job (2 Actually) Now just has one that pays good, and Bought a car, And rents. Doesn't receive any help whatsoever. He's gain a bit of weight, but other then that he turned into a person who can provide for himself.

My brother and his girlfriend both on Unemployment, and recieve housing assistance. Brother drives A 2011 BMW M3 (Fully Loaded) Girlfriends looking into getting a Audi Q7. They make over 10K a month, (GIrlfriend takes care of the baby) So only my brother works right now otherwise they'd be making closer to 15-20K a month.

Friend from Kindergarten was looking into getting EBT so he didn't have to pay for his food. He works and kind of just needed a little extra to help him month to month. Told him not to and to get another job. Did so and is doing fine now. Looking into buying a new car.

The fact is that the When you give something to someone it's unappreciated. The system needs to be torn down, and completely redone. From President to City employee, Government needs to be run like a Business, and made to promote better welfare for AMERICANS. We need to get the fuck out of the Middle east and worry about our own shit.

/Rant

Ok but the children aren't the one's that are are abusing the parents are.. My friends Mom was a crackhead.. He refused to even let me meet her. He was kicked out at 15, He finished school. Got a job (2 Actually) Now just has one that pays good, and Bought a car, And rents. Doesn't receive any help whatsoever. He's gain a bit of weight, but other then that he turned into a person who can provide for himself.

My brother and his girlfriend both on Unemployment, and recieve housing assistance. Brother drives A 2011 BMW M3 (Fully Loaded) Girlfriends looking into getting a Audi Q7. They make over 10K a month, (GIrlfriend takes care of the baby) So only my brother works right now otherwise they'd be making closer to 15-20K a month.

Friend from Kindergarten was looking into getting EBT so he didn't have to pay for his food. He works and kind of just needed a little extra to help him month to month. Told him not to and to get another job. Did so and is doing fine now. Looking into buying a new car.

The fact is that the When you give something to someone it's unappreciated. The system needs to be torn down, and completely redone. From President to City employee, Government needs to be run like a Business, and made to promote better welfare for AMERICANS. We need to get the fuck out of the Middle east and worry about our own shit.

/Rant

said it so perfectly
On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Didn't read the whole topic but I think there should be a rule for testing drugs testing alcohol and to figure out a way to test for tobacco.Pisses me off when someone comes in and buys a $40-50 bottle of liquor a $7 pack of cigarettes and then pulls out their bridge card (food stamps/ebt in Michigan). We Dont take it anyway but come on. Or when they play $30 in lottery and want to pay for other stuff with their card.

And to make it worse depending on what benefits they have they can use their card at an atm and take money out. So free crack money bullshit.

Also people sell their cards to other people all the time I guess.

I saw a guy at the liquor store buying cigs, blunt wraps, Coronas, and Twinkie's. Then proceeds to give the Arab owner an EBT card. Guy runs it as "food items" and he's good to go. Smh

Stores in Detroit get busted for that ask the time lol

Archived