Well my door panel is off right now and yesterday when it was raining I got in the car and I see water dripping inside the door. I believe it has shorted out my stock speaker wire aswell which is not a problem since it will be replaced. I am curious though how to go about fixing this I do not want to have my speakers to be ruined by the water leaking.

Water gets in your doors regardless man. That's why there are drain holes on the bottom of the door frame, cuz the glass isn't 100% sealed. You could try to add a small shelf above the speaker so it will run off

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

cant fight with water.. it always goes wherever it wants.. lol

maybe some layer of Deadending over the speaker would help

sometimes Loud is NOT pretty

Sounds like its safe to go ahead and bend that ass over.

So if I was say Glassing the doors it wouldn't affect my speakers? My old speaker in the passenger door had some rust on the frame I don't want this to happen to the pwx6s

Using a speaker bowl/enclosure will keep the water away from the speaker itself.....unless water is making it's way down between door panel and inner door, then it's your door-to-cabin weatherstripping, or window channel seals.

Sponsored by:

Kenwood

Pioneer

Linear Power

YWS

LoCrew Customs

AirRide

SMC

Viair

Series-tuned 6th on 4.8kw @8ohms.

I had this same damn problem, but my shit didn't short out. It just got rusted, which I find to be just as worse. I got speaker baffles to prevent this, I've been told it reduces the mid but shit, i'd rather reduce my mids A little rather than a rust my speakers out and short em.

• 1 year later...

I get a lot of water on my speaker wire(in the doors). But I have sum strips on the doors I tried to remove but there was holes in my doors. I want to remove the strips anyway with holes in the door(with body filler). I think water can come in from there with the strips on the car. How do u put the pressure on the window to push it against the seals? Can water come from underneath? Into the doors drain holes? Has anyone ever put great stuff in their doors?

doors are not fully sealed. you can't put more pressure on the glass....if you did, you would most likely force it off track, cause the outside rubber to wear out quicker, end up breaking the regulator (running it slower), or break the tabs off the bottom of the glass (depending on vehicle). Body filling holes that big isn't ideal since over time, the filler will crack from expansion of the metal...it's possible you could get away with using a glass reinforced filler, but there's no guarantee it won't crack or bubble down the road...welding in plugs is the correct way to fill those holes. I've never heard of water getting in from underneath, but sealing the door with great stuff would cause water to sit inside it, eventually rusting out the skin from the inside out.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

Most components are meant to deal with water inside your door so it shouldn't be a serious problem.

As was said, you do not want to seal the door in any way preventing the water from draining out as it will only cause more problems down the line later on.

You could see about getting new outer seals for your door, and there is no guarantee it will be any better than the ones you have now.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Archived