Karkov Posted August 27, 2013 Report Posted August 27, 2013 A lot more people are walling with a large vertical port along 1 side of a vehicle as opposed to in the center. Do they do this because it's more efficient? I remember at comps about 10 years ago people who competed would do this more so than people who possibly wanted to daily ground pound but it seems everyone wants to get the most out of what they got (as they should) so more and more even daily ground pounders are switching to that. Brings me to the point of side port or center port in wall, big difference in performance? (loaded, endless debate) same vehicle, same equipment, different wall port placement, higher DB errr more SPL? or not as crucial as some like to think? I am open to ALL comments please. I see lots doing walls behind C-pillar. Probably not as great for a basshead as right behind B pillar but still worth it? It's one of the things i myself am contemplating. However I like Symmetry so i would prefer a center port for appearance purposes only. As like anyone else I want the most I can get from what i have for equipment so is a C-pillar wall with center port gonna be waste of time compared to B-pillar wall with side port? let the trolling begin i guess but i feel I am asking honest questions I am open to different options and ideas not arguing for no reason. If all you could do was wall behind C-pillar would you still do it? if you would cent er port instead of side port would you still do it? Reasons? For a pure daily ground pound setup are the c-pillar center port losses over a b pillar side port worth it if numbers mean next to nothing to you? I will ask other questions regarding same topic later on but for now i am interested to see what i get... 2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD) 12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option 2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67 3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet) 1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4 4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps (rear fill only) 1 ~ XS Power D4800 1 ~ XS Power D3400 8 ~ XS Power XP3000 160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power 320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0
Karkov Posted August 29, 2013 Author Report Posted August 29, 2013 Bump 2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD) 12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option 2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67 3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet) 1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4 4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps (rear fill only) 1 ~ XS Power D4800 1 ~ XS Power D3400 8 ~ XS Power XP3000 160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power 320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0
Sergeant_Skyrim Posted August 29, 2013 Report Posted August 29, 2013 I personally like center port as well for symmetrical purposes. From what I've read and seen it seems like driver side port yields better results on the mic but I haven't really seen a comparison of that versus center port so I can't really speak on that. There are plenty of center port walls such as Justin's SSA Evil Blazer that get stupid low and are still loud. As for B Pillar vs. C Pillar walls, I'm pretty sure that b pillar walls should be louder because there's less cabin area. It'd be great if somebody with more experience could come in here and try cleaning up my post though as I'm sure I'm missing quite a bit on it Build in progress
Kyblack76 Posted August 29, 2013 Report Posted August 29, 2013 Your fine man. All valid questions. Most will say, driver side for meter, center/top for demo. There is a unloading that the meter will like with driver side comes in. C-pillar walls I'VE SEEN AND HEARD, (no experiance) are a lil hard to get louder. I'm sure it's been done. But. If your making that decision, why not come to the B ??? More will chime in. But, I'll just say, this wall, was the best choice I've made. No lookin back now. Unless its to go bigger. I want 6 of these subs. And another 10k. But, try a 4th next time. Well see. SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
mwjustic Posted August 29, 2013 Report Posted August 29, 2013 From what I understand sub up port back can be just as loud as a cpillar wall. The only reason I plan on doing a cpillar is because I need the second row of seats. Also I want the wall to help support my roof. Just my 2 cents. 2005 ford explorer xlt limited 4x4 2 xs power d3400s 2 runs of shca mid/ highs- infinity 6x8 3 ways 2 18 ssa icons 2 aq 1200.1 @ 2 ohms 10 cubes tuned to 36 hrz
mrd6 Posted August 29, 2013 Report Posted August 29, 2013 A cpillar wall is a good choice when you want to run more equipment than can properly fit in a cargo area box but still want your back seats. They are harder to get loud than bpillar but not impossible. My cpillar wall was doing 152s sealed before I rebuilt and a teammate of mine had a cpillar doing 156s sealed. My Build Log: http://www.stevemead...-sundown-power/ Team NorthWestSPL
mrd6 Posted August 29, 2013 Report Posted August 29, 2013 I will say this tho, once you wall a car off, its really hard to go back to a nowall setup haha so beware of that My Build Log: http://www.stevemead...-sundown-power/ Team NorthWestSPL
tacomaguy1 Posted August 29, 2013 Report Posted August 29, 2013 I went with center port....it's loud Doesn't play that great with doors open, idk maybe the port location has something to do with it. One window down for demoing is the loudest Team Flex Issues
DylanBunch Posted August 29, 2013 Report Posted August 29, 2013 I think another reason, which is something i had trouble with on torres, is getting the tuning low enough because with center ports you cant bend them like you can on the side so a shorter port means higher tuning. Like with the center port, the lowest tuning i could get was high 30s.... which isnt bad but i was looking for low 30s and it took a really long side port to get to 33-34hz 2006 Ford Explorer 2 Team AA/Sundown 15s 6th order Ct Sounds 7k 4 PRV Mr500 8s Rockford p1000-2 Team Subsonic Lows
DylanBunch Posted August 29, 2013 Report Posted August 29, 2013 do this 2006 Ford Explorer 2 Team AA/Sundown 15s 6th order Ct Sounds 7k 4 PRV Mr500 8s Rockford p1000-2 Team Subsonic Lows
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.