WillPwn4Food Posted August 29, 2013 Report Posted August 29, 2013 You can still bend a center port? Just a little trickier. Wall build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174827-walled-taurus-with-lambo-doors/#entry2571893 real men dont use fuses Neither do moronsSays the guy with lambo doors on his Ford Taurus.
DylanBunch Posted August 29, 2013 Report Posted August 29, 2013 You can still bend a center port? Just a little trickier. would you split the width and bend one side left on right? 2006 Ford Explorer 2 Team AA/Sundown 15s 6th order Ct Sounds 7k 4 PRV Mr500 8s Rockford p1000-2 Team Subsonic Lows
tacomaguy1 Posted August 29, 2013 Report Posted August 29, 2013 My center port is hella long lol, deep box is all it takes. Which isn't always an option in all vehicles but in a blazer you can go as long as you want on the port Team Flex Issues
Sergeant_Skyrim Posted August 29, 2013 Report Posted August 29, 2013 Center port can be tuned low, you just essentially have 2 different boxes if it's top to bottom. Just be sure not to make your cuts too ridiculously off and both sides should be the same volume-wise or at least won't have a noticeable difference Build in progress
Kyblack76 Posted August 29, 2013 Report Posted August 29, 2013 My center port is hella long lol, deep box is all it takes. Which isn't always an option in all vehicles but in a blazer you can go as long as you want on the port I was gonna say? how much port do you need? fuck.. even a cpillar will net you a couple feet???? NO ???? lol. Im driver side, and no bend.... In fact, you would shrink to get a lower tune, ... unless your gunning for 20" per cube... lol SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
Karkov Posted August 29, 2013 Author Report Posted August 29, 2013 Thanks all for comments. At this point in time I have no choice but to keep rear seats. I have no room currently for batteries in the rear so i thought with wall I would have room for at least one row behind it on bottom. Right now subs up port back, 4 - 15". I absolutely Love that 4th order Tahoe in that video but does he really have enough air space for 8 - 15" in a Tahoe in a 4th order behind C-pillar? I would think that would be hard even in a burban but then again i truly have no clue. Kinda of curious to see his battery and amp set up in that Tahoe. I like the look of center ports but like the efficiency you can have from side ports with more ease so I am torn there. I had a B pillar wall in an Astro so at this point in time I am only interested in a C pillar wall. I have a 3 year old daughter and although I have other vehicles I don't want to always be limited to taking them places if I had a B pillar wall. At this point in time I am just straight looking at options, exploring different ideas, and getting all opinions I can to help me finalize my plans. I could get a different vehicle altogether but meh, already got the Tahoe ya know... 2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD) 12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option 2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67 3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet) 1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4 4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps (rear fill only) 1 ~ XS Power D4800 1 ~ XS Power D3400 8 ~ XS Power XP3000 160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power 320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0
Kyblack76 Posted August 29, 2013 Report Posted August 29, 2013 Then... (imho) id just stick to subs up,.. port rear... Meade style. I honestly dont see a cpillar, with ALL the work... and shit,.... really being THAT much worth it. Louder, meh. yeah probably, ... but not some insane crazy amount. Stay where your at, and fuck with box, gear, and shit... My 2 cents SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
DylanBunch Posted August 29, 2013 Report Posted August 29, 2013 yeah dont get rid of the tahoe, its sexy lol whats wrong with the setup you have now? 2006 Ford Explorer 2 Team AA/Sundown 15s 6th order Ct Sounds 7k 4 PRV Mr500 8s Rockford p1000-2 Team Subsonic Lows
Karkov Posted August 30, 2013 Author Report Posted August 30, 2013 yeah dont get rid of the tahoe, its sexy lol whats wrong with the setup you have now? Nothing wrong with it, just trying to evolve...... Yea, maybe I will just repaint the box I have and say F*ck it for now. Problem is......virtually no places for batts and I wanted to add more. Oh well, put them some where. 2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD) 12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option 2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67 3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet) 1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4 4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps (rear fill only) 1 ~ XS Power D4800 1 ~ XS Power D3400 8 ~ XS Power XP3000 160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power 320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0
nvr2loud Posted August 30, 2013 Report Posted August 30, 2013 It's possible, I have 4 18's walled in a 2003 Tahoe all behind the c-pillar. The way I have mine is with the batteries(which I have 6 of them)lined up accross the rear & the box is just built over the top of them. Also does 56's with this setup.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.