What's gonna happen with Windows 8?

I've said this a few times before, People flipped out when XP changed the start menu from the Windows 2000 look. They lost their shit when Vista changed it again. Then Windows 7 came out, it was almost exactly the same as Vista, but it looked prettier. I'm going to go ahead and say 8.1 will come out and look almost exactly the same with some UI tweaks, that you can already do, and people will think its the next greatest OS.

I got so fed up with it in general, I just installed Ubuntu on my laptop and started learning it. Its very frustrating working with one OS for 17+ years then switching to something different. It I had to google where it installs the damn programs :)

Yeah, I was busy writing the end of a paper between class and it was like "shutting down in 10 minutes : 30 seconds to install updates" I'm like where is the stupid delay button? So I hit "OK" and figured it would be easy to find. Apparently you can't delay it, or at least you have to find the setting somewhere, because 5 minutes later it tells me "shutting down in 5 minutes : 30 seconds". I hit the cancel button but at the time I didn't know it only closed the box, not canceling the update, so of course I'm finishing the last paragraph and it shuts down. And of course it's like the longest update ever, takes almost 15 minutes for 1 of 1 updates, must have restarted around 6 times between 0%-100%. I was freaking out, because I realized it didn't save my last work before doing this, if it had taken even 2 more minutes I would have been screwed. So that's really annoying.

Side note does anyone know where to get old versions of itunes? I'm still running 10.3.6.25 on my desktop because I refuse to update to that new absolutely moronic interface. But I can't find an old version to download for the laptop, the itunes website only has the latest 11.x version, not surprising of course. Why let customers (meaning people who buy iphones/ipods, not just users of itunes alone) actually choose what they want right? That would be ridiculous..... :glare:

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

Fucking love Alan you goddamned fucking super nerd lol

When Alan uses big words I don't understand

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

RIP 5/29/15 - I love you son.

Shit our ground system is still using windows 2000 hahaha. We have a major upgrade coming next year and they considered 8, but operationally, for what we do, 8 would suck more than people think it does for home use. They came to their senses and went 7. Heck, our admin PCs are still XP....go govt!!!

:ehh:

10501650_10203332501847103_1859383749711

Blown

You sir, are a true genius. Had exactly what I needed.

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

I've said this a few times before, People flipped out when XP changed the start menu from the Windows 2000 look. They lost their shit when Vista changed it again. Then Windows 7 came out, it was almost exactly the same as Vista, but it looked prettier. I'm going to go ahead and say 8.1 will come out and look almost exactly the same with some UI tweaks, that you can already do, and people will think its the next greatest OS.

I got so fed up with it in general, I just installed Ubuntu on my laptop and started learning it. Its very frustrating working with one OS for 17+ years then switching to something different. It I had to google where it installs the damn programs :)

The UI of Linux has changed more in the last 5 years than Windows has changed it's UI in the last 13 years.

Except if you aren't on runlevel 5.

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

I personally like windows 8. If you can't find something you can just type in the name and search will just pop up from the start menu.

Dang that does sound nice....

if only, Windows 7 had something like that.....

OH WAIT

Win7Search_zpsf671e509.png

:D :D :D :D lol, unless you mean a different kind of search, but then there's google for that I guess.

I missed Alan.

The Win8 search can function like the "Run" function from older versions of Windows, but it also has the bonus of being able to interface with various apps.

I can select it to search for movies/shows on the Netflix app, search for something with the Bing app, find a city on the Maps app, do an email search (if I have an email account set up with it), etc all from a single screen. You jsut type in your text in the box then pick which app you want to do the search in.

Like I can type in "Houston, TX" and get a map (Maps app), then click on the Travel app button to find out tourist stuff, and then I can hit the Weather app to see what the weather is like down there, and hit the News button to see what's happening there. All from one screen (you might have to pull the search back up if you start clicking around the app you opened though)

2016 Ford Focus SE

No build log yet
DC Audio 1.2K
2x DC Audio Level 2 10"

Oh okay, well I always have chrome up so if it's not on the PC then it's never a bother to search for it elsewhere.

I missed Alan.

Archived