Swordlordboy1234 Posted September 21, 2013 Author Report Posted September 21, 2013 Edit also... Right now I have my skar 2500 at .5 ohms. It's doing great. But I want more power. My XFL's are begging for more. Literally. Full tilt my voltage holds good, the amp puts out all it can and the XFL's never even get warm. They gotta be getting 3k to the pair. I mean I hold 13.6 full tilt on clean music. 12.9 clipping (stupid dubstep) My old YouTube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/SwordLords1234?feature=mhee My old build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161872-96-accord-b2-sundown-sky-high-dc-power-re-re-build-for-heatwave/page-37 My New Build - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/207041-2016-mazda-6-sql-build/ 2016 Mazda 6 Touring JL Fix 86 - OEM signal correction B2 prototype DSP 6to8 B2 Ref63 - 3 way active set 2 B2 Class H quattro's 1 B2 Zero.5R @.5 2 B2 HNv3 12 d2 B2 SLIP40 - Lithium in the trunk Northstar Group 35 under the hood 100ft 2/0 welding cable 30ft 4ga welding cable 20ft 8ga welding cable All stinger OFC speaker wire Soundrive custom RCA's Tons of attention to detail.... Can it be perfect?
n8ball2013 Posted September 21, 2013 Report Posted September 21, 2013 Wjy not a second skar 2500. Not the popular choice but it would be a cheaper 5k THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
Swordlordboy1234 Posted September 21, 2013 Author Report Posted September 21, 2013 Space issues. Limited on space to 33.5 wide by 14 deep by 6 high. A second Skar wouldn't fit even if I wanted to get another one. Not trying to start a bashing thread on that. It's treated me good personally but that's all I will say on that subject. But the size of the Skar is too big. 2 of the 2ks from said company would fit because of the extra small footprint. 1 of their 3.5ks would easily fit, maybe even smaller then my Skar iirc. And their 5k would be pretty big but would fit. There are a few companies that fit this description. I'm trying to keep it vague ish so it's not a vs thread. I'd like to run option 2 but I'd feel better about option 1.. Option 3 really should be a 7k at 2ohms so I can still get more power then I have now. The 5k at 2 ohms gives me 3k. And my Skar at .5 should be giving me 3k. And the reason for the upgrade is for more power. My old YouTube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/SwordLords1234?feature=mhee My old build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161872-96-accord-b2-sundown-sky-high-dc-power-re-re-build-for-heatwave/page-37 My New Build - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/207041-2016-mazda-6-sql-build/ 2016 Mazda 6 Touring JL Fix 86 - OEM signal correction B2 prototype DSP 6to8 B2 Ref63 - 3 way active set 2 B2 Class H quattro's 1 B2 Zero.5R @.5 2 B2 HNv3 12 d2 B2 SLIP40 - Lithium in the trunk Northstar Group 35 under the hood 100ft 2/0 welding cable 30ft 4ga welding cable 20ft 8ga welding cable All stinger OFC speaker wire Soundrive custom RCA's Tons of attention to detail.... Can it be perfect?
john253a Posted September 21, 2013 Report Posted September 21, 2013 Strapped Or Bigger at 2ohm If you already 1 2k Then the second is most logical choise
Courtnee Edwards Posted September 22, 2013 Report Posted September 22, 2013 Like john said strapped would be the way to go. Can you get a 1k amp and strap it to the 2k if it works why not try it and it should be smaller than the 2k. Or do they have to be the same wattage?
Karkov Posted September 22, 2013 Report Posted September 22, 2013 5K for head room, just me, but at 2 ohm you're wasting it's potential. 2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD) 12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option 2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67 3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet) 1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4 4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps (rear fill only) 1 ~ XS Power D4800 1 ~ XS Power D3400 8 ~ XS Power XP3000 160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power 320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0
skittlesRgood Posted September 22, 2013 Report Posted September 22, 2013 grab the two 2ks. one day you'll want to try .5ohm strapped If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood. Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/ Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.