Swordlordboy1234 Posted September 21, 2013 Report Posted September 21, 2013 I'm going to try and say as little details to avoid making a vs thread. Assume all amps are the same brand (a good brand) and assume I have good enough electrical (I do for 2 of these ATM) My subs are dual 2 ohms My options are.... 2 (2k amps at one ohm) 1 3500 at .5 ohm 1 5k at 2 ohm. The 2 smaller amps are just small enough length wise to fit on my box the way I want but will cost slightly more because I am buying two separate units The one slightly bigger amp would be the best use of space and money but running it at .5 I might not have as strong as electrical as I'd like to try that one even though many people run this amp at .5 easily. The 5k is just small enough to fit with out issues but is about $400 then I can easily spend.. Which would you lean to? Edit: sorry mods... I accidentally picked enclosures not amplifiers. Please move it if you can. (Damn iPad) My old YouTube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/SwordLords1234?feature=mhee My old build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161872-96-accord-b2-sundown-sky-high-dc-power-re-re-build-for-heatwave/page-37 My New Build - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/207041-2016-mazda-6-sql-build/ 2016 Mazda 6 Touring JL Fix 86 - OEM signal correction B2 prototype DSP 6to8 B2 Ref63 - 3 way active set 2 B2 Class H quattro's 1 B2 Zero.5R @.5 2 B2 HNv3 12 d2 B2 SLIP40 - Lithium in the trunk Northstar Group 35 under the hood 100ft 2/0 welding cable 30ft 4ga welding cable 20ft 8ga welding cable All stinger OFC speaker wire Soundrive custom RCA's Tons of attention to detail.... Can it be perfect?
n8ball2013 Posted September 21, 2013 Report Posted September 21, 2013 Im a fan of seperate amps gain matched THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
Swordlordboy1234 Posted September 21, 2013 Author Report Posted September 21, 2013 Im a fan of seperate amps gain matched Good point.. I wasn't taking that into consideration... And I don't have a cc1 yet. Does that mean you would vote option 2 and have me get electrical? My old YouTube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/SwordLords1234?feature=mhee My old build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161872-96-accord-b2-sundown-sky-high-dc-power-re-re-build-for-heatwave/page-37 My New Build - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/207041-2016-mazda-6-sql-build/ 2016 Mazda 6 Touring JL Fix 86 - OEM signal correction B2 prototype DSP 6to8 B2 Ref63 - 3 way active set 2 B2 Class H quattro's 1 B2 Zero.5R @.5 2 B2 HNv3 12 d2 B2 SLIP40 - Lithium in the trunk Northstar Group 35 under the hood 100ft 2/0 welding cable 30ft 4ga welding cable 20ft 8ga welding cable All stinger OFC speaker wire Soundrive custom RCA's Tons of attention to detail.... Can it be perfect?
Swordlordboy1234 Posted September 21, 2013 Author Report Posted September 21, 2013 Bump for opinions....? My old YouTube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/SwordLords1234?feature=mhee My old build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161872-96-accord-b2-sundown-sky-high-dc-power-re-re-build-for-heatwave/page-37 My New Build - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/207041-2016-mazda-6-sql-build/ 2016 Mazda 6 Touring JL Fix 86 - OEM signal correction B2 prototype DSP 6to8 B2 Ref63 - 3 way active set 2 B2 Class H quattro's 1 B2 Zero.5R @.5 2 B2 HNv3 12 d2 B2 SLIP40 - Lithium in the trunk Northstar Group 35 under the hood 100ft 2/0 welding cable 30ft 4ga welding cable 20ft 8ga welding cable All stinger OFC speaker wire Soundrive custom RCA's Tons of attention to detail.... Can it be perfect?
Broke_Audio_Addict Posted September 21, 2013 Report Posted September 21, 2013 I would do 1 5k in case you ever want more power you'll have the option. That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.
420c Posted September 21, 2013 Report Posted September 21, 2013 Not to hate but a 5k for 400 sounds a lil shady unless someone is gonna hook you up. If its legit you might be able flip it for double and pocket sme cash but you'll have do some research of top prices for the 5k.
mbdblue Posted September 21, 2013 Report Posted September 21, 2013 Not to hate but a 5k for 400 sounds a lil shady unless someone is gonna hook you up. If its legit you might be able flip it for double and pocket sme cash but you'll have do some research of top prices for the 5k. Think he may have been referring to 400 dollars more than he can spend....but I could be wrong. OP, I would do option 1 or 3 (they are also your more expensive options)....I don't agree with running an amp at half daily. AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco
Sergeant_Skyrim Posted September 21, 2013 Report Posted September 21, 2013 If the 3500 is warrantied to be ran at .5 like some out there are and that's what it's built for, that might strengthen that option a little more as long as you have the electrical for it. I'd probably be a vote for either 1 or 3 though, leaning more towards 3 so that you still have headroom when upgrading in the future. But only as long as you see yourself still using it that far into the future Build in progress
Mojo Man Miller Posted September 21, 2013 Report Posted September 21, 2013 Im a fan of seperate amps gain matched Good point.. I wasn't taking that into consideration... And I don't have a cc1 yet. Does that mean you would vote option 2 and have me get electrical? im running seperate amps. i gain matched them with a multi meter http://www.memphiscaraudio.com/My car: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/160564-2000-camaro-2-mojo-12s-videos-up/#entry2314594
Swordlordboy1234 Posted September 21, 2013 Author Report Posted September 21, 2013 Yes the 5k is 400 more then I wanna spend. It's like 1300. I've got a 650-900 budget on this. The 2 2k's would be about 825 the 3.5k would be about 750 an the 5k would be about 1350. The 2 2ks would give me (4k at 1 ohm) and no stress equipment The 3.5k would give me over 4200+ at .5 ohms but might be harder on electrical and equipment. And I don't think I'm strong enough to support that with out beefing electrical more. The 5k is more then I feel good spending and would give me a ton of headroom, effeciency, and give me about 3000 super clean watts. ...... I was really liking option one but the gain matching thing wasn't on my mind. In an idea world the 5k would be best yes. But I'm debating how awesome it would be with the 3 extra paychecks I'll have to wait for to get it. And I would never use the 5k's full potential unless I reconed / got different woofers through trade. But I don't plan on getting rid of these woofers unless they are for brand new d1 XFL's because these are brand new d2's and I got them because I wanted more out of my skar. Which they did. I'm not so scared of .5 daily, I was planning on fans and stuff. But I would want to keep 13.4+ volts. Which I can with a 2500. But not a 3500. So I don't think I wanna do that option because i would need another 200$ battery to make to make it work anyways. My old YouTube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/SwordLords1234?feature=mhee My old build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161872-96-accord-b2-sundown-sky-high-dc-power-re-re-build-for-heatwave/page-37 My New Build - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/207041-2016-mazda-6-sql-build/ 2016 Mazda 6 Touring JL Fix 86 - OEM signal correction B2 prototype DSP 6to8 B2 Ref63 - 3 way active set 2 B2 Class H quattro's 1 B2 Zero.5R @.5 2 B2 HNv3 12 d2 B2 SLIP40 - Lithium in the trunk Northstar Group 35 under the hood 100ft 2/0 welding cable 30ft 4ga welding cable 20ft 8ga welding cable All stinger OFC speaker wire Soundrive custom RCA's Tons of attention to detail.... Can it be perfect?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.