Do tires really add a difference in ride?

I just got some new rims and tires

2Crave No 11 22s in Satin Black

265/35/22 Winrun KF990 series

I was wondering if running a better name tire will change anything.

33y2914.jpg

Team Subsonic Lows

Get your garbage EMF products of my amp bitch

Man....it makes a nice work bench ;)

Some tires do handle better than others. On my last car when I replaced the tires I found a good set of Nitto tires (forgot which ones) that were a stock replacement. I don't remember what was on the car before, but I noticed a huge difference.

I went from the tires on my truck that were at half of its life when I bought it to damn near on the wear bars and replaced them. I had sailun terramax H/T tires on my truck when I bought it and then went to BfGoodrich long trail t/a tires. The difference is there because I have a little more road noise than I had before in my Sailun tires but my tread wear was a lot faster in the sailun tires because they are a luxury kind of tire with it being made of softer rubber. The BfGoodrich tires I have are excellent other than road noise. The grip I get on them is amazing and the reason I got them on mine is because my dads 97 tahoe came from the factory with them and I loved how his performed on and off road. Even just in rain is a lot better for performance than what I used to have. So to answer your question, yes tires can make a difference but not that much. Suspension can make a big difference if you have poor ride quality.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

to hydroplane or not to hydroplane that is the question

my experience with good year oem tires sucked all they do is spin and slide but they are like $76 a tire on tire rack look at the survey http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Goodyear&tireModel=Eagle+LS&partnum=055TR6LSP 3/5 stars 3.8 would buy again where i would not

also look at the reviews

these are what i am looking to upgrade to i know there is a large price difference but if they perform better than my oem i will feel a lot safer

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Goodyear&tireModel=Wrangler+SilentArmor&partnum=755TR0WSA&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

4/5 stars 7.6 would buy again

both are goodyear

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

Yes changing tires will change handling and road feel. Also changing to a taller tire from a low profile tire also will change the ride. I had some really low pro falken's and I switched to a fatter tire and it really made the ride more comfy and the tire felt wider and more stable in sharp turns.

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750

Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

Archived