Sonic Electronix

maybe some one should start a rent a dd-1 program. Some things are not worth my money. I may use it one or two times.

Before that came out how were people setting gains?

Quick question say i have a 3000watt amp and a 1000watt sub how will i set my gain with the DD-1

2009 bmw 5 series

Head Unit Stock

Amplifier-JL Audio JX 360/4

Processor- Audiocontrol LC6

you can do after or before, doesnt matter. just as long as gain is set correctly

Set those after. Make sure your LP filter is set to the highest # and your subsonic filter is set to the lowest # while setting gains, no matter how you set gains.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

The tools map is here, but I don't think it's being updated because I'm not on it and I gave my information on July 28. I have a DD-1hv, clamp meters, temp sensors, et al.

And I've given thought to the rental or shared DD-1 concept because I've been a member of a motorcycle forum that has a "community" carburetor sync tool that has made its rounds all across the US.

But regardless... no one will ever come and knock on your door to see if you need help setting up your system. You have to ask for help.

And before the DD-1, people used oscilloscopes. But of course, before the DD-1 and before o-scopes came down in cost... people didn't have 40,000 watt car audio systems that ran on the ragged edge of destruction safely. In 1985, I took 4th place in my first "crank it up" contest with a Fosgate Punch 40.

Technology advances and as it does, the tools that make it advance change.

Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc

Instagram: audioanarchyllc

Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe

aaresizehorizontal_zps47821bb2.jpg

maybe some one should start a rent a dd-1 program. Some things are not worth my money. I may use it one or two times.

Quick question say i have a 3000watt amp and a 1000watt sub how will i set my gain with the DD-1

with oscopes..... lol.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

Looking at the car and equipment in your signature and can't believe you don't have $150 to get the most out of what you have.

The DD-1 doesn't have a "I don't know how to match subs and amps" setting, all it can do is help you get the max clean output from your H.U. And amps.

Didn't say i don't have the money maybe one day i'll break down and get one.

But its not like the op or others that don't use dd-1's and o-scopes can't enjoy the hobby/sport.

Maybe Steve could offer 20% discount codes or run holiday discounts in the future.

2009 bmw 5 series

Head Unit Stock

If you have a 3k amp and a 1k sub you should have made a better decision when purchasing equipment.

If you have a 3k amp and a 1k sub you should have made a better decision when purchasing equipment.

not really and i'm not saying i have that either,just a scenario. This leaves head room for future sub upgrades with out the need to change out the amp. Drive your 1000watt amp maxed out daily= hot amp it won't last long drive your 3000Watt amp @ 1/3 the power = cooler amp=last longer. Thats my take on it.

2009 bmw 5 series

Head Unit Stock

Archived