Power Wire Under Vehicle

I know some have done it, and I am considering it because I will be running Sky High 2/0 and that just isn't going to "hide" under the carpet.

I'm trying to figure out; if I do it how much protection, if any do I need to add to the wire.

What I want input from you all on is: Of those that have ran power wire under your ride, and not added any protection, how long have you gone problem free?

In my case, ground clearance isn't an issue, I have an Expedition. Of course I would stay far away from exhaust.

No problems here....just zip tied to the frame. The jacket on the wire should be enough to protect it, unless it rips somehow. Which shouldn't happen if its secured good and up out of the way.

How long have you had it that way?

Do you ever check it for wear from road debris, heat etc?

im going to have to do this same thing when i do my dream build for my neon plan for 3 runs of 1/0 +/- deff not gona be able to fit that under the carpet but my car being low idk tuned in to see replies for this.

iirc ive heard of people using garden hose or pvc pipe for this

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

No problems here....just zip tied to the frame. The jacket on the wire should be enough to protect it, unless it rips somehow. Which shouldn't happen if its secured good and up out of the way.

How long have you had it that way?

Do you ever check it for wear from road debris, heat etc?

Like 3 years in my truck, I never really checked it but when I pulled it all out it was fine

Team Flex Issues

This ^^ I've been thinking of doing the same except wrapping the wire techflex for extra protection

Been looking into Techflex. I definitely like the appearance along with the protection some of it offers. Under the hood, I'm about 99% sure that's what I'll use.

As far as under the vehicle, not sure what would be best dollar for dollar to provide protection from heat and the elements

I had 2+ and 2- runs under my jeep for about a year. It was KNU 1/0 CCA never had a problem and I live in MN with the elements of winter. No protective coating just wire zip tied to frame about 6-8 inches I used really heavy duty zip ties also.

2003 GMC Yukon Denali

Alpine CDA 117

Redoing Mids/Highs

4 Runs of 1/0 Knukonceptz 2+, 2-

4 Deka 9A31's in back (Stock underhood) 250 amp Alt.

AQ20K

2 18" Crossfire XS V.2's 12 cubes 33hz 149sq inches of port!

No protection no problem. Wire is al9t more durable than you think

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Archived