Second Skin Audio

recone failed or manufacturer defect

bassaddiction

your error. spider pack game unglued from the landing. Pretty sure they use screws in the spider pack to hold it down along with ca glue, at least my hdc3 15s and hdc4s have them.

the old spider was glued and screwed down. i called aq because screw holes didn't line up they said don't worry about just glue it lol

yea, it would hold easily without them, you just didnt lay down a good bead when reconed.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

ya i fingered that. have no more ca gule anywhere local i can get that stuff

btw the hole top spider came off other two are good

I would see if you can take of the dustcap and remove the spider.

That way, you can easily clean the shit out on the gap and you won't be putting glue over glue.

i was just going to vac out dust and lift it up put ca glue then clamp it. it didnt brake by dust cap and separate from cone if u mean that
no, what I'm saying is you need a clean surface for the glue to work properly. If you try to just shove CA into the gap without bare metal your joint will fail instantly. Vacuuming out the dust won't help.

My recommendation would be take of the dust cap, detach the rest of the spider, regrind the spider landing along with the spider surface and glue.

Afterwards, shim the coil and when that dries reglue the dustcap and you're golden.

its still attached to basket ????? the spiders are apart should i sand the spiders and remove every thing

I'm confused lol

Pic looks like the plastic spider pack came Unglued from the basket on the bottom, you're saying the spiders are apart but still attached to the basket?

ok lol spider 0ne and two gule down and good to go

spider 3 no longer guled to other 2 but plastic rig is gule to top of it.

clean up the basket where the spider attaches, reglue the loose spiders and the spider ring to basket all at once, clamp it so it gets a good contact , also ca glue can be bought at most hobby stores.

2007 trailblazer lthead unit- pioneer p4300dvd

crescendo ft-1 supertweeters

pioneer m650 pros

audiocontrol 2xs crossover

Rockford fosgate p200-2 highsrockford fosgate p400-2 mids1- fi btl 18amps- saz 3500battery- evermax in front, 2 9a31 dekas in rearwires all knuconceptz 1/0 and rcas

Is it really that hard to comprehend?

SPACED SPIDERS

One set is still glued to the basket ( the set that HE glued down to the basket while reconing) Is 100% intacted. The glue joint that failed, he did not do. Aq/the build house did it.

Nakitta How the hell can you even sugest that? You do realize he would have to remove the surround, right? And if he used CA the surround wont be comming off in one piece.

Best option is to load it with glue, clamp it and activate it

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

Is it really that hard to comprehend?

SPACED SPIDERS

One set is still glued to the basket ( the set that HE glued down to the basket while reconing) Is 100% intacted. The glue joint that failed, he did not do. Aq/the build house did it.

Nakitta How the hell can you even sugest that? You do realize he would have to remove the surround, right? And if he used CA the surround wont be comming off in one piece.

Best option is to load it with glue, clamp it and activate it

thank you i though i was retarded for a 2nd. ya so just glue the spiders back together right . is there any prep work to be done and should i call aq to see if they can send me more glue bc its there problem anyway

Archived