Second Skin Audio

New dd subs

Dd9515 king

Topic shouldn't have been cleaned, is just a shit storm now....

I do t get how u can justify that sub for the price even at 600 each 18 it's still way to high....

N8 like I said ill get you a REAL sub for I bet less than what u gonna pay for these

SCSB

Santa Cruz Speaker Box

Build logs:

Daily Driver Lemon Marquis

2 american bass 750.1s

350.4 on 14 focal 6.5s

sq 945 on 4 hertz tweeters

Mystery subs peepwall.gif

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

The Mustang 'dubbed' Shirley the project from bullet holes to badass

http://www.stevemead...cond-skin-time/

Some of the things that make DD worth it to me:

1. Direct Leads, no tinsel lead bullshit

2. Ultra-light weight synthetic fibers for the cone, not some pressed paper

From DD: "The fibers are combined and mixed with high binding strength natural fibers

and aerospace grade resins. High tensile binding increases the bond strength at the

points where the fibers become interlocked.

The fibers are shot as the cone molds in angles which re-enforce the cone body perpendicular

to the direction of the voice coil forces. This increases the resistance to bending modes at high power levels."

3. They use thermally activated resin, so when shit gets cookin the bonds become stronger

I want my equipment to last 10 years+ and DD subs will do just that even if you run them 1k over rated daily

Don't forget they are made in the USA so the support my country is just icing on the loud cake

smh

no tinsel lead bullshit? They still have tinsels, and they are still woven thru the spiders, and still use 4 tiny tinsel leads per terminal, and is still a weak point as any woofer if you clip your amps.

Hell, they are using generic DB Link wire now for the direct connects, they use to have their own DD branded wire.

The whole made in the usa thing is a bold statement as well, the motors and baskets are coming straight from china, all their lower level woofers 2500 and below are made in china 100%, the 3500s and up are assembled here and get a square made in the usa stick stuck to the bottom of the motor.

I just got some 9512 recones, cant say Im impressed with the glue quality used on them. I must say the worst drop ins I ever received by any company. Seems a lot of people been getting that same quality from AQ too. Hopefully whoever is building recones is not the guy building the new subs.

Exact same thing I said on the quality of

The sub. Thank you. I've been saying it for the past few years. DD is focusing more on becoming more of a commercial brand than anything. The only thing they have left is the reputation of the DD logo on them IMO.

Team Bass-Hz

screenshot5-1.jpg

Some of the things that make DD worth it to me:

1. Direct Leads, no tinsel lead bullshit

2. Ultra-light weight synthetic fibers for the cone, not some pressed paper

From DD: "The fibers are combined and mixed with high binding strength natural fibers

and aerospace grade resins. High tensile binding increases the bond strength at the

points where the fibers become interlocked.

The fibers are shot as the cone molds in angles which re-enforce the cone body perpendicular

to the direction of the voice coil forces. This increases the resistance to bending modes at high power levels."

3. They use thermally activated resin, so when shit gets cookin the bonds become stronger

I want my equipment to last 10 years+ and DD subs will do just that even if you run them 1k over rated daily

Don't forget they are made in the USA so the support my country is just icing on the loud cake

smh

no tinsel lead bullshit? They still have tinsels, and they are still woven thru the spiders, and still use 4 tiny tinsel leads per terminal, and is still a weak point as any woofer if you clip your amps.

Hell, they are using generic DB Link wire now for the direct connects, they use to have their own DD branded wire.

The whole made in the usa thing is a bold statement as well, the motors and baskets are coming straight from china, all their lower level woofers 2500 and below are made in china 100%, the 3500s and up are assembled here and get a square made in the usa stick stuck to the bottom of the motor.

I just got some 9512 recones, cant say Im impressed with the glue quality used on them. I must say the worst drop ins I ever received by any company. Seems a lot of people been getting that same quality from AQ too. Hopefully whoever is building recones is not the guy building the new subs.

Exact same thing I said on the quality of

The sub. Thank you. I've been saying it for the past few years. DD is focusing more on becoming more of a commercial brand than anything. The only thing they have left is the reputation of the DD logo on them IMO.

they also have the fact that im doing 149 legal and 150+ out of my trunk on music windows down unsealed. but maybe you are right. i guess all I have is the logo on the equipment...

Buyer/Seller Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemead...5015-bump4life/
MB C220 153 Trunk Car Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d/#entry1840136
MB C280 Ipad Dash SQ Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194484-bump4lifes-new-benz-tony-c-relay-kit-pictures-ce-electric-audison-front-stage-installed/
My SPL Log: http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

BMW M340 xDrive

Stock, for now. Corner Load 10" maybe soon. But does 10s in the 1/4...
Best Scores out of a trunk
153.0 sealed legal full tilt clamped 5524 @ 42 hz
154+ windows down, 155+ kick

first of all no one handles me.. if you look at his purplehaze came for me and I didn't send for him.

Hear is another one!

reag the dam post he didn't take N8 statement and re post it. if that was the case this would be fine

I didn't attack him I made a joke.

I new this when he posted it. we are not allowed to make vs pages I was teasing N8 not In a bad way but I was being funny when I post it. I think N8 got that that's why he didn't reply.

But I am glad you are on top of your job.

I have delt with N8 before this is not a big deal. N8 will chime in when he feels the need to. but neither you or purple have can speak for some one ells.

So like I was saying to purple about N8 answering my question by IM/PM me. you can do the same since you open your mouth. so send me some picks and names through pm of 12's around that price. valid not you just wrighting it I want listed items..

Are you feeling it yet?

Can you please rewrite you message once you pass the elementary school level of grammar and spelling? Or at least the next one so that it can be taken seriously?

A) If the guru mod N8 wants to handle you, he will.

B] No you didn't "send" for purplehaze, but he didn't "come for you", he simply saw your question, and saw how N8 specifically said "..top of the line subs from anyone else. That's all I'll say." So when you ask about them, you clearly ignore the fact that he just said "That's all I'll say" since he's implying about the other subs we know of out there.

The exact thing scooter99 pointed out up there.

C) You said he didn't take N8's post and post it...? That's actually funny, because that is literally the exact thing that he did.........

D) So neither me or purple spoke for anybody else. We simply re-stated what had already been said.

Thank you for understanding.

-Dwn4BassAlan, Purplehaze's Secretary of Responses

this guy loves me... want pipe

You just picked up on this. I guess he had to have some one point it out for him to have the heart to say some thing. it took this guy how long to think of this?

stop talking about me and enjoy the DD thread like op asked.

Lol, you're literally laughable with your responses. Please try not to bombard me with facts and reasoning anymore, I don't know if I can take it..............

I just picked up on this? Not really. But excuse me for having things to do with my life besides not reading posts clearly, and then posting stupid questions, then avoiding any real form of an intellectual response.... I'll try to be more like you now.

How's this?

- Hey men go fuk urself dude ur lik sersly so dum right now. every stuff you speak is wrng and im rwright aboat every words i said, you want pipe?

Do I need to make it sound more retarded? Or should I make my grammar and spelling even worse?

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

Fucking love Alan you goddamned fucking super nerd lol

When Alan uses big words I don't understand

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

RIP 5/29/15 - I love you son.

love DD but the prices are to rich for my blood simple, unless u know people that is!

and people stop bickering please!

REFF'S
My link
EBAY
http://feedback.ebay...ck&myworld=true
I love car audio so much because I will never be done. I can never win, and I will never get it finished or perfect. It always has me coming back for more, I can never get my fill of it, but I get what I need.

Purple do you know what wattsrms your sub is really seeing? Take a volt meter and a amp clamp set to peak hold then play your peak tune to see the power your sub is really getting. On my testing after the sub got truly more then 2k rms they start heating up and dont want to be played longer then about 4 hrs on that power.

Archived