What Ratio Should I Change the Chevelle to?

So I recently got my car back with a new clutch, happy day right? Wrong. That's the second clutch I've replaced, lasted almost exactly 1 year. Same with the first one. The guy says that it's mainly the suppperrr high rear that was never changed when they converted the car from automatic to manual..... so my posi still has 2.73:1 I believe, and it's already purring at freeway speeds, so that's my only concern really, (obviously along with gas mileage though). I don't often take the freeway in my car, maybe once or twice a month. But it's usually not a short distance, and I don't want to be at 5500 rpm doing 75 on the freeway either, because you have to consider my Muncie is only a 4-speed, with no over drive.

So he first told me 4.10's and I was liiikeeee "Yeah, no. I'm not trying to make a bugatti look slow off the line here."

So he told me to order the pinion I thought was best.

So my question is which ratio would probably suit me most adequately? I was looking mostly at 3.55 and 3.73 as the best compromise, anyone have suggestions as to which might be better? I drive a long way to/from school, but don't ever go over 50-60 mph at most. normally around 40-45 for the most part. I don't have an RPM tach though........so I can't really give you figures as to what I'm running currently. I know the formula, but I don't know (positively) my tire diameter or tranny gear ratios, so I can't calculate it accurately yet.

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

Fucking love Alan you goddamned fucking super nerd lol

When Alan uses big words I don't understand

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

RIP 5/29/15 - I love you son.

im pretty sure you have maybe 323 or 373

Edit: What I would do first is figure what you actually have in there to start with. Me I would go with the 373 if you don't have them already

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

^this was my next comment

is it a 4sp or 5sp Trans

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

So I recently got my car back with a new clutch, happy day right? Wrong. That's the second clutch I've replaced, lasted almost exactly 1 year. Same with the first one. The guy says that it's mainly the suppperrr high rear that was never changed when they converted the car from automatic to manual..... so my posi still has 2.73:1 I believe, and it's already purring at freeway speeds, so that's my only concern really, (obviously along with gas mileage though). I don't often take the freeway in my car, maybe once or twice a month. But it's usually not a short distance, and I don't want to be at 5500 rpm doing 75 on the freeway either, because you have to consider my Muncie is only a 4-speed, with no over drive.

So he first told me 4.10's and I was liiikeeee "Yeah, no. I'm not trying to make a bugatti look slow off the line here."

So he told me to order the pinion I thought was best.

So my question is which ratio would probably suit me most adequately? I was looking mostly at 3.55 and 3.73 as the best compromise, anyone have suggestions as to which might be better? I drive a long way to/from school, but don't ever go over 50-60 mph at most. normally around 40-45 for the most part. I don't have an RPM tach though........so I can't really give you figures as to what I'm running currently. I know the formula, but I don't know (positively) my tire diameter or tranny gear ratios, so I can't calculate it accurately yet.

4.56.. I have 4.10s in my truck and run 3000 rpms at 70 with 30" tires. Which wasn't bad at all but driving to work is all highway for me.

No idea what your tranny final gear ratio is though...

^this was my next comment

is it a 4sp or 5sp Trans

Shit missed that part.

im pretty sure you have maybe 323 or 373

lol it's got 2.73 right now.... I'm changing to a 3.55 or 3.73 though.

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

Fucking love Alan you goddamned fucking super nerd lol

When Alan uses big words I don't understand

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

RIP 5/29/15 - I love you son.

Archived