Getting a "new" vehicle tomorrow. Kind of an empty feeling..

So, long story short, when I first joined on here, I had a 2001 Grand Prix. Great little car, but not good for a small sound company. Therefore, I purchased a 2001 Silverado Z71 pickup with 156,000 miles on it. Really nice truck, and it has worked great. But, after having the transmission rebuilt, numerous parts fail and replaced (mainly due to past owner's negligence), not to mention hauling a trailer that is at it's upper limit of weight, it's time to sort of move-up, and at 203k miles, it was that time. Sat down the other night, crunched the numbers, and managed to find out I could afford a new truck (well, when I say new, I mean "newer than what I have now")...did some looking around, found a few good deals, but the one that pretty much sealed the deal, was a 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD, white in color, loaded just like I wanted it. Crew cab (4 door), dual split bench seats, standard (6.5') bed, Duramax 6.6L LBZ turbo-diesel mated to a 6-speed Allison 1000 transmission, fold-up/button-up tonneau cover, and 154,000 miles, averages 18mpg city, 24mpg hwy. Owner was asking $21,500, I managed to get him down to $20,000, which for the truck, was not a bad price anyways. Truck is in excellent condition, with the only damage being a small crack in the Chevy emblem on the front. Always had regular maintenance with logs, oil changed on the dot, etc. All the miles are highway miles (he is an electrician), and was mainly used for work, and to tow a 5th wheel camper. He's looking to upgrade, and his son isn't ready for this truck, so I took a bite at it. Drove the truck, and it rides great, drives great, shifts great, etc. Perfect match for what I've been looking for. We're going to sign the paperwork tomorrow and get it moved over to my name, which means I'll be spending all evening pulling my firefighter lighting and equipment out, and moving some of it over. Stereo is going to be on hold for a while, until I can purchase some decent equipment.

Anyways, it's going to be nice having a truck that won't suck the fuel down like my half-ton did (9-10mpg towing, 12mpg city, 14mpg hwy if I was lucky), but it sort of gives me an empty feeling inside. This truck has helped me get my sound company on the go, it has gotten me so much work, and some great memories with friends and lady-friends alike, and while it's not going to be gone forever (dad is going to take ownership of it for a backup truck and a truck to haul stuff with) it just feels like I'm losing a friend. I'm not sure why, just an odd feeling. But that's how the world is, you have to upgrade at some point.

Regardless, within 12 hours, I'll be the owner of a Duramax diesel, which will make life a little easier on me (while I take a little hit at the bank, but not a big deal)...and where I also work with a larger sound company with several large trailers, they will be calling me more to work with them since the only thing they have is an older F350 Powerstroke diesel...good truck, but that's all they have pretty much...

Oh, and of course a picture of the new ride! :nuts: :nuts: :nuts: :nuts: :nuts: :nuts: :nuts:

60872d1380509568-install-suggestions-soo

P.S. for those that will probably ask, yes a stereo is in the works for this truck, but nothing fancy. Thinking about a double DIN nav unit, basic coaxial speakers in the doors with amp, and reconing my 4 SA8's and building a box for behind the rear seat...nothing too fancy, trying to keep it as clean as I can.

POTATO!

congrats on your new ride btw the picture not showing up for me

people who have bought from me Team Bassick (ALPINE) Purplehaze nidus

head unit sony dsx-s310btx
subs 2 12 incriminator audio king of bass
subs amp incriminator audio 20.1
mids/highs
mids/highs amp incriminator audio 6.4
equalizer clarion
crossover interfire
alternator 1 mechman 240amp
battery's xs power 1 d2100 2 d3100
sky high car audio 1/0 awg ofc wires

memphis car audio 1/0 ofc
xs power xs flex 4 awg

sky high car audio 8 gauge ofc

sky high car audio 12 gauge ofc

t spec rca

check out my building log http://www.stevemead...frey-build-log/

http://www.stevemead...d-other-things/

check out audio gear i have for sale
http://www.stevemead...51#entry1595151

Mechman_300x100px-2.jpg

3d7304fe.jpg

header3-1.gif

SkyHighCarAudio_zps27302c94.png

Nice Truck

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Nice Truck

Thanks. For comparison, here's my old truck several months back after a wash...I wish it was anything but white, but it's still a sharp truck, and if I get the money I could always get it resprayed if I felt so inclined.

401601_10152883234355512_1127249835_n.jp

POTATO!

Gratz man, helleva upgrade!

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Congrats. That should be a towing monster. But ya getting rid of a vehicle can feel weird for a while ive had that feeling a few times

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

Archived