Second Skin Audio

could spectrum be used to paint a car?

Assuming i used a self etching primer to prime the whole car would it work? My plan was to use bedliner but if spectrum will work instead id rather have the sound deadening capabilities. Will it hold up to snow and really cold temps. Like down to -30f? Would it hold up like bedliner to scratches? I have no prior use of spectrum.

Any advise is helpful.

With it being made for sound deadening, I don't think it would be best as bed liner.

Rhino liner or raptor liner would be what you're looking for

SMDSIG799x74.jpg

BHE Wall Build

TEAM DC Audio

TEAM XS POWER
1986 Monte Carlo

KMC Nova's 20"
4 DC XL's W/ PSI Recones
2 DC 5k's
Pioneer PRS 80
10 Audio Technix

6 XS Power D3100's

1 XS Power D3400

Mechman 220a Alternator

do the outside in bedliner...then strip and do all hard to reach areas with the sludge...regular deadener in normal places and you probably be more then happy.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

I don't see why you couldn't use it as you want and I see why you would want to. Don't have to pay for bed liner then pay for sound deadening. 2 birds with one stone.

The problem I see is, im not sure its a durable as the bed liner would be especially in that extreme of weather. But I have no prior use with it either just my thought

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

I'm trying to remember but I thought those products were specifically made for either interior or exterior under coating. It never said anything about exterior which makes me assume it might not handle weather very well

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

The only issue i would forsee is how long it takes to fully cure. If it rains during that time idk if that would affect it at all. Other than that idk why it wouldnt work. I dont think it would be as durable as bed liner but for example when i was competing in my car i had a layer of damp pro on the trunk and a thick layer of spectrum and it withstood taking the box in and out of the car (it was built so it only would come out of the rear seat opening not the trunk, so i had to drag it in and out) It was a double faced 4cu box made with 3/4 MDF. im pretty sure i took the woofer out every time but i dont remember

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

Pic for those not on Facebook?

So instead of spending hundreds of dollars on rocker protection, I decided to use the leftover 1/2 gal of spectrum from when I coated my whole car and put a few coats on both sides, and around the front blinkers where I get a lot of paint chips from rocks, not total protection obviously, but it adds a visual upgrade in my opinion and covers up a lot of scratches from trees and brush that were under the doors, as you can see the upper door layer has withstood the crazy Texas weather, cold and hot, since last summer!

945379_10151532261621279_1502836651_n.jp

1000083_10151532263306279_2013878645_n.j

Edited by Krakin
b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.