Surging idle at random times in park or neutral.

did you flush your radiator recently? when air gets in there, it can cause this.....Happened when I did it on my 1st prelude and my 95 accord.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

No check engine light I assume? I'd say idle air control valve as well. Seems like I always hear about people needing to replace those on Hondas.

Idk about your car but I know on my car if the hose to the pcv valve comes undone or has a leak or hole in it it causes the surging idle that you're talking about. Mine will rocket up to 2k rpm then back down, then it'll jump to 1500 rpm then back down. Just randomly fluctuates like you just described, so I would recommend checking and replacing the pcv valve. They're relatively cheap parts too. Mine was less than 10 bucks at advance auto parts.

THE ANTHRACITE DYC CRUISER

-Fully dipped anthracite grey pt cruiser

-4 skar vvx 12's (version 1)

-Mechman 240 amp alt -Big three in Cadence 1/0

-1 deka intimidator g31 blacktop under the hood

-1 C&D 140ah Batt & 1 C&D 55ah batt in the rear

-Re audio/soundstream mids and highs

-Hifonics Zues 600.4

-DC Audio 3.5k

• 1 year later...

Clean the IACV. It's the valve on the back of the intake with the two smaller coolant hoses running to it. They have a screen in them that get plugged up. I have a '97 accord had the same problem.

Stop bumping old threads. This one had been dead over a year

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

maybe clean mass air flow sensor wire, its inside the piece ur intake filter is hooked too,they make a spray to clean it, same with iac u can use carb cleaner to clean that dont mix that up tho

check all ur spark plugs and wires too, does it do it when the car idles too? like when u push in the clutch(manual) or have it in neutral/park?

Kenwood excelon ddx795

3 370 amp CES alternators (audio side only)           
       McLaren dome tweeters                                   Crescendo 6.5 ultra neos 
                                                 NVX JAD800.4
                                            4 PA x4 SPL 18's
                     4 Digital Designs m5's at .7 ohms each
        2 K2 80 ah lithiums

3 group 31 agms                                       Ledglow million color (12 piece)

2007 Yukon xl

Archived