Question - This has my brain itching. (sq)

Jessica

the only reason i say active is because it will make time allignment easier, atleast in my opinion.

I'm learning (the hard way) that there is no "easy" in time alignment ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Technically speaking, time alignment, crossovers, etc...in the head unit, is still a sound processor, it just isn't external. Just throwing that out there :)

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

So, i am bored and when i get bored i overthink things. So, in direct violation of using the KISS method and throwing out all logic, I am going to post this question here and see what happens. Feel free to call me an idiot if you like, i am just trying to learn here.

Also, I'm not so diluted i think i have an SQ setup. But that's no reason to not try to get the most out of what i have. With the power I have i should be able to get a decent amount of output and still have a good sounding setup.

Alright, down to buisiness. Try to keep up, my posts tend to become train wrecks of text.

I have two sets of t1675's up front, so 4 mids, 4 tweets.

I have a couple ideas rolling around like these. Tell me what you think or give me some ideas or tips.

1. Run tweeters a different gain levels to reduce standing waves and odd overlapping harmonics(yuck). I am speaking about something like one set (left and right) at one level, and the other (left and right) lower.

2. Running overlapping crossover points on the tweeters and mids. Think of it like one set of tweets at 4k 12db slope, and another set at 3k 24 or 18db slope. Maybe run the mids lpf at slightly different points and or slopes too.

3. I can do time alignment, at least i think so, the pioneer 80prs claims time alignment but i think it may just actually cut levels on different outputs just to trick your ears into thinking the sound stage is more center. Maybe someone could chime in on this.

4. To that point, if the time alignment is legit, is using a tape measure and setting the distance to each speaker going to be close enough or should I consider other things when putting in the measurements for each driver.

Thats about all i got right now. I'm sure i can come up with more questions though.

I really wish you could make it to Huntsville Alabama this weekend ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

I've always done overlapping crossover points with good results. Frequencies tend to overlap anyway depending on crossover slopes.

But also you can get better results with minimum equipment. It is easier to tune and adjust as well.

To get it setup the right way take some trial and error.

I am just a fan of simplicity.

Running the 2 sets at different levels may help a little but I think would be based on proximity to your ears. If they are the same distance, they should be the same level.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

Wow I didn't know anyone replied.

OK. I am running active yes and as far as any other questions look to my SIG.

The tweet and mids are all on their own channels on the two 85.4's. All at 4ohm.

Huntsville is 600 miles from here. But I'm off this weekwnd

Something like 400 for me ... I won't be driving this year, my truck will be on my trailer ...

If you make it, hit me up in the MECA SQ area for a chat and demos ...

you definitely do not need to run active. if you do make it to world finals take a listen to my car ... it is a simple 5.25 passive component set and single 8" subwoofer. my car had a 6.5" 3-way active set and how it sits now is better in any every way

Archived