Sundown Audio

Thoughts on zrx3200.1D for a 12" DC audio level 5.

Rick Griffin

Cool, I was really wanting the crescendo or a good audioque amp but money.. I'll probably just use the amp until I get a better one. What about power? will a stock 150 amp alt with 1 or 2 kinetics work for power? 1 kinetic 3100 should be good right? or?

yea u should get two batteries so u can send more power to the amp get. one upgrade for under the hood and one big battery in the back should supply enough power. and get a volt meter. but if u have a 150 that and 2 batteries is just perfect

2 extra batteries or an upgrade under the hood and 1 more?

i was saying either way would work but one under the hood saves him a little space

LOLOL no way. please dont. 2000 watts for $200. hell to the no.

i mean if u trying to save money theres nothing wrong with it. if the person knows what they are doing then they can run the planet audio without frying it

or the planet audio will just go up in smoke, like mine did. without doing anything.

OP, no audiopipe. no planet audio. no power acoustik. no "5500 watt" amps.

stick with korean. CT sounds, sundown, soundqubed, crescendo, etc.

its honestly better to initially spend a little more money right now, than to spend even more money down the road when the cheap amplifiers shit out.

OP why not a less powerful amp from a more reputable company ? You will be able to sell it faster and at a better price than any Audiopipe_PA,...
A good 1500-2000 w rms amp will make your sub play well. You won't have the higher db numbers on a TL, but you will like it.
Rockford, Sundown, DD,... those keep great value after years.

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

Cool, I was really wanting the crescendo or a good audioque amp but money.. I'll probably just use the amp until I get a better one. What about power? will a stock 150 amp alt with 1 or 2 kinetics work for power? 1 kinetic 3100 should be good right? or?

yea u should get two batteries so u can send more power to the amp get. one upgrade for under the hood and one big battery in the back should supply enough power. and get a volt meter. but if u have a 150 that and 2 batteries is just perfect

2 extra batteries or an upgrade under the hood and 1 more?

i was saying either way would work but one under the hood saves him a little space

LOLOL no way. please dont. 2000 watts for $200. hell to the no.

i mean if u trying to save money theres nothing wrong with it. if the person knows what they are doing then they can run the planet audio without frying it

or the planet audio will just go up in smoke, like mine did. without doing anything.

OP, no audiopipe. no planet audio. no power acoustik. no "5500 watt" amps.

stick with korean. CT sounds, sundown, soundqubed, crescendo, etc.

its honestly better to initially spend a little more money right now, than to spend even more money down the road when the cheap amplifiers shit out.

I'm pretty sure ct sounds amps were designed in Korea but made in a Chinese biild house

Used to have a loud truck

2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq

2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s

I think your alternator will be fine. Even though it's large for a factory alt I'm sure there is extra electrical equipment in the car utilizing the extra amps but still I'm sure it is fine for now.

Put the biggest aftermarket AGM battery that fits under the hood (literally) and then 1 in the trunk.

Do the big 3 under hood, and do everything in 1/0 gauge OFC. make sure all connections are tight and REALLY make sure you have good ground.

THEN get volt meter and watch voltage after everything is installed to make sure that you electrical is keeping up. I know you said you don't have money for a better amp right now but how long before you think you would? Because it is important that you get a decent amp.

People on this site like quality and believe that it just plain old costs money to have nice car audio equipment and you get what you pay for.

Spend some time doing wiring, and building a box, and getting everything ready THEN maybe you will have let enough time go by to get closer to getting a quality amp?

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Honestly.. Run what you can. I have 2 hifonics brutus amps (strapped) on 2 12's and i have never once seen them get past warm. All tuned with a DD-1 and i posted up a 140+ dB (non termlab, but just calibrated sensor).

I wouldnt run anything but the brutus series out all the hifonics line-up imo, steve did a amp dyno and it did what it said it would do ( on dynamic burst)

Run what you can to get banging then upgrade when you think/feel it is time.

My build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/143943-2001-mustang-gt-system-rebuild-box-build-pics-updated-61512/

2001 Ford Mustang GT

4.6 SOHC 380HP

270 amp Mechman alt

2 12" Treo SSX custom built.

6.47 cu ft, tuned to 32Hz

2 hifonics Brutus 2400.1, strapped

1 optima yellow top

1 Kinetic HC1800

14.4v @ 29Hz, 2k RPM

over 100ft 1/0 XS flex wire

Big 3 in 1/0

100sq ft fatmat deadener

145.3 on music, 142.6 sealed on music

Stop being a pussy and wall it off.

I hate when my google breaks too

I think the usps must be ran by a bunch of drunk ass oriental midget monkey's on methamphetamines.

Dude please dont buy a beast ass sub like the DC lvl 5 or similar subs and put a sub par amp on it....what a waste. No audiopoop, planet audio, hifonics, maxxsonics, etc.. most likely if sonic electronics has it(minus a few) the brand is not that great when talking amps.

Look at brands geared the same as DC. DC makes great amps, audiotechnix(ct sounds) that Kranny posted is rated on 12v so at 14 you are getting more then rated, Soundqubed makes a beast 3500, even rockford BDCP2500 would be good, Crescendo and a few other brands you see on here would be great...dont skimp on electrical either.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

Archived