Just wondering for what to look for in a guitar so I don't get ripped off by people who know that I am inexperienced at anything musical instruments. I have used a guitar before but it was a school guitar and to me it didn't feel right to me at all, the "neck" or stock felt way to big for me to play any of the strings or the cords.

I have owned a guitar before but it just didn't feel right to me at all and I ended up selling it. This time around I want to get one that feels right to me and is easier for me to play. As I ran into the same problem with the school guitar, it being to big for me to play.

I don't know of many brands of guitars but I know of Fender, and Gibson, I also know that guitars aren't cheap either.

I know that I'm looking for is an acoustic guitar, or a classical guitar, I think that's what its called, I had one and previously used a non-electrical guitar.

I again don't know what to look for so if anyone could point out some things so that when I do go into the music shop later this week I don't get absolutely screwed out of my money.

Skar Audio SDR 10" x2 (Sealed Box)

Skar Audio 1500.1D (1 Ohm) x1

Skar Audio TX525c (Front with dash tweeter) x1

Kenwood Excelon KFC-X173 (Rear Coax) x1

JL Audio 360.4 (Mids & Highs Amp) x1 

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

Go to a Guitar Center or a local music shop. Guitar Center has a dedicated acoustic room, at least every one I've been to has one, and try out every guitar that looks good within your price range. You can pick up and play the pricey ones too, like a Martin or a Takamine, those sound beautiful. I've just found myself being drawn to Ibanez, that's just personal preference, I love the way they play. Washburn, epiphone, and of course your Gibson and Fenders are great as well. Just gotta try some out and find what you like.

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

They should feel "right" in your hands right? I don't know if I can explain it well, but should it feel like it fits when you go to play it?

Skar Audio SDR 10" x2 (Sealed Box)

Skar Audio 1500.1D (1 Ohm) x1

Skar Audio TX525c (Front with dash tweeter) x1

Kenwood Excelon KFC-X173 (Rear Coax) x1

JL Audio 360.4 (Mids & Highs Amp) x1 

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

Yes it should. I started off by playing electric guitars, and they have smaller bodies and thinner necks, so it was hard to find an acoustic that just felt right. I spent a lot of time just sitting down with various acoustic guitars, finding one that just felt like it was "the one".

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

Adam hit the nail on the head... You need to find a guitar that caters to you so it wont be hard/awkward to play

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

Agree with Hate on this big time. It is just hard to say what is the right choice is really hard. It's like asking what is right sub or HU everyone has a preference. Guitar Center has a bad rap as being the Wal-mart of the guitar world. Yet they have some of the best folks to help with finding the right gear. Adam likes Ibanez Acoustics personally. I'm not a big fan of their acoustics but love their electrics. I've played high end guitars that felt like crap and cheap guitars that played awesome. It just like was said want catches your eye and feels right. I have an Alvarez acoustic electric for more country style. A Esteban for more of a classic to fingerpicking style. The Alvarez has higher action than the Esteban. Allot have had many probs with the Esteban's guitars mine has had no issues at all. I have a acoustic or electric guitar for specific style and playing lol. Just like Adam said stick with your budget and what feels right. Try every guitar in the shop you go to and if they don't let ya or seem bothered by it leave. You don't need to be there as they or that person don't really share the passion for guitars or the importance of the player. Sorry for long post.

Yes it should. I started off by playing electric guitars, and they have smaller bodies and thinner necks, so it was hard to find an acoustic that just felt right. I spent a lot of time just sitting down with various acoustic guitars, finding one that just felt like it was "the one".

When I got my Les Paul custom I spent 5hrs playing each guitar until I found my baby lol

Archived