So I got a sound citation today...

What does a red light have to do with anything? I get so tired of hearing that ridiculous notion. 30 seconds at stop is evil but if you drive by magically it's all good. It's not a residential area, the red light is not right outside someone's home...it's out in public. And the ticket isn't stoplight color dependant, lol. I'll never understand how people can think so negatively about redlight music, lol

I guess it's just the fact that plp are stuck sitting there and can't move. Maybe they consider it a public disturbance thing, idk

it's my understanding having your stereo "too loud" inhibits other peoples ability to hear emergency sirens coming

Lol.. I'm partially deaf..born that way..are they going to give me a ticket for never hearing the sirens? Several times I haven't pulled over for an emergency vehicle or almost got hit by one clearly because I didn't hear, nor see it. That's just a frickin excuse for the authorities to get their money.

Not trying to stray of course but do you have anything saying you are partially deaf? Is that the type of thing you have to be legally deaf before you can get anything saying you are? Even then do you get handicap stickers or just not able to get license or what? I am being serious here. A lot of people could use the excuse to get out of tickets but even if it's true if they have no way to prove it then it still won't get them out of tickets even if brought to court. Maybe I am over thinking this.

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

What does a red light have to do with anything? I get so tired of hearing that ridiculous notion. 30 seconds at stop is evil but if you drive by magically it's all good. It's not a residential area, the red light is not right outside someone's home...it's out in public. And the ticket isn't stoplight color dependant, lol. I'll never understand how people can think so negatively about redlight music, lol

I guess it's just the fact that plp are stuck sitting there and can't move. Maybe they consider it a public disturbance thing, idk

it's my understanding having your stereo "too loud" inhibits other peoples ability to hear emergency sirens coming

Lol.. I'm partially deaf..born that way..are they going to give me a ticket for never hearing the sirens? Several times I haven't pulled over for an emergency vehicle or almost got hit by one clearly because I didn't hear, nor see it. That's just a frickin excuse for the authorities to get their money.

Not trying to stray of course but do you have anything saying you are partially deaf? Is that the type of thing you have to be legally deaf before you can get anything saying you are? Even then do you get handicap stickers or just not able to get license or what? I am being serious here. A lot of people could use the excuse to get out of tickets but even if it's true if they have no way to prove it then it still won't get them out of tickets even if brought to court. Maybe I am over thinking this.

No dude, you're absolutely right. However, I wear hearing aids...if that doesn't let the officer know I have a hearing problem...dude needs to get a vision check. However...anyone can get hearing aids. You can file for disability for hearing loss.. I think it's 75% or more to get the disability. Because I'm 55% in my right ear and 77% in my left ear. I haven't bothered to file for disability because I'm too damn stubborn and I hate being abnormal...although I enjoy sticking out from a crowd...doesn't make sense....However. If you are partially deaf, you can use this to get out of a ticket. I've done it once already. There are medical charts on my record that show I'm partially deaf and I did take the officer to court, as soon as the judge saw my hearing chart, she threw the case out and told me to keep it down. That was my lesson learned...never turned my radio up in residential area ever again

New build coming soon. [center][url="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/3/sigtoo.jpg/"][img]http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/9541/sigtoo.jpg[/img][/url][/center]

Respect!!!

Yes sir. 100% agreeing on that. You want respect, you show respect..

You have to show respect to gain respect. Respect is a word that has blown out of proportion with the younger generation. You showed no respect by blowing your stereo at red light so the Police showed no respect either. I agree with Law Enforcement on this.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/

th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

i had one flip his lid on me one morning bout 5:30. i was getting off the interstate to stop and get some donuts from tastees which is 1/4 mile away from the exist. i turned it down when i got closer and when i turned into tastees parking lot, there he was with this stupid look on his face. so got out my truck to go in and he lost it. asked me do he look like a f@@king security guard or rental cop, i heard you getting of the interstate then you wanna turn it down when he get here. all i could say was my bad. he flipped out somemore and said next time he'll wrie me a ticket for everything he can think of. then he went in tastees and got some donuts too. shit was crazy, my cuzin was in the truck dying laughing.

He had donuts on the mind or you would have gotten a ticket.

glad he he did. but when i turned in that parking lot and saw he standing looking, i didnt want any donuts nomore but i couldn't turn around and leave, that would've made it worst. he would have came behind me for sure and gave me a ticket for more than loud music. that was like 1 1/2 years ago and i have been back to that tastees since

2006 Suzuki Hayabusa GSX1300R Limited Edition

2006 Dodge Charger SXT

Kenwood Excelon KDC - X692

Factory Boston Acustics System upgrade (7 speaker system)

2010 Chevy Tahoe LS

Pioneer AVIC - Z130

Audiopipe AP-2004

Audiopipe AP-15001D

(2 pair) Boston Acoustics PRO60SE 6.5 - changed to Polk Audio MM6501

(2) Planet Audio BB215D - changed to Lanzar Opit 1533d for now FREEBIES

Respect!!!

Yes sir. 100% agreeing on that. You want respect, you show respect..

You have to show respect to gain respect. Respect is a word that has blown out of proportion with the younger generation. You showed no respect by blowing your stereo at red light so the Police showed no respect either. I agree with Law Enforcement on this.

Was anybody at the redlight? Was there anybody to give respect to and turn it down? If I'm the only car at a stoplight with nobody around at all you can best believe I'm not turning that shit down. If I see a car coming up behind me pulling up to the light I'd turn it down, simple as that, its common courtesy

1898070_635754349830843_1457278514_n_zps

I guess whenever I get a system I just bump it whenever I fee like it. Cops here don't tend to look for people bumping as much.. I'm not really worried about bumping at stop signs or stop lights, I think it's retarded to turn it down at a stop, what for!?

Vehicle: 1988 Cadillac Brougham

Pioneer DEH-X9500BHS Head Unit

Custom box built by me (designed by forum member g2shuck)

(1) DC XL 15

(2) SQ q1-1200d

(2) Crescendo PWX-6's.

(more to come someday.)

Theres also a differance of being loud and playing full tilt at a stop sign/light And being "loud" (im takking high 130s low 140s here)

I dont play full tilt at lights unless its in the middle if no where and im the only one. HOWEVER i will play mids/highs full tilt at lights that are "populated" but the bass knob is all the way down/off

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

Yeah that makes sense, I knew it was something having to do with other drivers. I know that hear in Fuquay Varina the ordnance is 50 ft. Meaning that if they can hear it from 50 feet away they will give you a ticket. Or maybe it's 40 feet, something like that.

2001 Saturn L200
-Sony MEX-BT4100P
FRONT STAGE:
- (4) Crescendo PWX 6
- Cadence XA250.2
SUB STAGE:
-Fi Audio BL 15 (Sealed Off)
-Crescendo BC2k
ELECTRICAL:
- Singer 240A alt

- XS Power D3400
- SkyHigh OFC power/speaker wire
- Big 3 with SkyHigh 0gauge
Build Log: Click Here

Scores: 146.5db @ 29hz Outlaw

Yeah that makes sense, I knew it was something having to do with other drivers. I know that hear in Fuquay Varina the ordnance is 50 ft. Meaning that if they can hear it from 50 feet away they will give you a ticket. Or maybe it's 40 feet, something like that.

i never understood that "emergency sirens" thing. if somebody actually pays attention to their surroundings using their eyes, how can they not spot absurdly bright flashing blue and red lights? or those little white lights that turn on on those intersection light poles that tell you an emergency vehicle is nearby?

Archived