03 RF Lancer amp swap. Punch replaces Power series.

Ya i will review how they perform. I just got some great advice on how to improve the midbass from the kicker panels so i am excited to see the results on that too.

Today i worked on cutting out the cab behind my kicker panels to port them and give more area for the midbass to breath. It was a bitch with the tools i had but after 4+ hrs i got passanger side. Heres a couple pics of what i did.

Lancerstereoupgrade3018_zps309a4294.jpg

So this is stock...

Lancerstereoupgrade3019_zpsff30bd25.jpg

And when i installed the kicker panels i did this to make them fit and have some room, pretty much next to none though.

kickerupgrades2014001_zps029a7da2.jpg

And this is cut out out to vent into the body of the car. Sound deadened also. I forgot to take a pic of wiring mounted back up.

I put the T265 comps back in and with only one side done there is a huge gain in midbass over the driver side. I have the drivers playing from 64hz to 3K and the sound amazing. With only one side done i can balance left to right and hear the difference. Amazing how small changes make huge improvements. I wasnt able to get the CDTs in due to running RCAs and new runs of speaker wires, ect.

If its nice tomorrow i will tackle the other side. I will be looking for new kicker panels in the future to rebuild and add 8s up front. That would be sick! but for now i am way happy with these will turn out.

I admire your perseverance

This ^^

I follow your threads although I don't post too often, but I'll be damned if you aren't a particular person when it comes to your audio addiction. and..I love it.

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Thanks man, its not pretty but it works. Midbass it at least twice what it was. I can live with that!

This ^^

I follow your threads although I don't post too often, but I'll be damned if you aren't a particular person when it comes to your audio addiction. and..I love it.

Thank you for the kind words. Its all a learning process for me. Being a bit OCD i like to think about shit for awhile before attacking it.

I follow your build as well and you have a serious system in that ride. Keep up the great work on your build too man. And thanks again.

kick panels not "kicker" panels

Ya Ya...I might put Kicker speakers in them so then they would be KICKER Panels! Ha Ha ( I will call them Kick Panels, but nobody better be kicking them or there will be some ass kickering going on)

Ya I get guys that I will let carpool with me kicking the speaker grills and my kick panel with their dirty feet. I know not to do that cause I am used to it but they just can seem to quit kicking it... lol

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

Archived